Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Exercise Challenge..where did we go?

Wow, as a group we walked (well, you guys did..I wasn't much of a contributor last week) approximately 66.5 miles. That's a lot of mileage!!! You have to check out the status to see where we are! I am excited to see where we will be next week. This is a lot of fun for me. I want to thank you guys for participating. It keeps me motivated.


You guys did great with the weight challenge too! What a great first week! For those of you that haven't gotten in on it, you are more than welcome to join. Some friendly competition never hurt anyone :) We only flog you at the end of each week.

Did you guys see the comment left on my blog yesterday?

Hello. I am a university professor who is conducting research on WEIGHT LOSS BLOGGERS AND THE ROLE BLOGGING HAS PLAYED IN THE BLOGGER’S WEIGHT LOSS. As you may be aware, a lot of research has been done over the years on weight loss but very little has been done on blogging and weight loss. I hope you will help me remedy this.I have chosen you as a potential research participant because you have a weight loss blog, have a weight loss goal of 100 pounds or more, and have been blogging for at least three months.If you choose to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete a survey that I will email you. Your answers will be completely confidential and I will use a pseudonym of your choice in the final study.I have an information sheet about the study I would be happy to share with you. Please email me at aldridga@nsuok.edu if you would like to take a look at it.Thank you for your time and best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.Sincerely,Amy Aldridge Sanford, PhDAssistant Professor of Communication StudiesNortheastern State UniversityTahlequah, OK


Hmm...might have to check that out. What will it hurt right?

In other news, I haven't heard from A this morning so I am hoping that's a good sign that he is on a plane somewhere (one that works)!

4 comments:

ptg said...

Oh, I hope A is on his way home as well!
**fingers crossed***

MaryFran said...

Rooting for the 'on the way home' scenario for "A"!!

And I'd definitely do the survey!

TC said...

I have to say... I'm very impressed by your motivation and dedication to this. It takes a lot of guts to post your weight and your goals for everyone to see: good for you! I think it's amazing that you're sticking to this and using a group format to try and help yourself and others lose weight. It's NOT an easy task, as you and all the rest of us who have ever tried to do so know. I say keep up the good work.

carla said...

so curious if you checked in to the comment...

love,

Ima Cynic