Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I have a headache...

My goals are going by the wayside again. Some of it is motivation, but truly the biggest problem right now is my head. No smart remarks. My neck is killing me, which in turn gives me killer headaches. I have had a headache for a month now, maybe longer. Some days are worse than others. It is very hard for me to want to go to the gym or do much of anything when I want to take a chainsaw and cut my head off. Hmm, wonder if I use a hacksaw if it would count for activity points. Anyway, I need to probably call the chiropractor. A few years ago, my two left-most fingers on my left hand were numb all the time. I went to the doctor and they told me it was something with the ulnar nerve in my elbow, kind of like carpal tunnel but in the elbow. They did surgery to move the nerve over. I have a lovely scar on my elbow now and still have numb fingers. I learned to deal with it. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be. It had gotten so bad that it hurt to run cold water over the tips of my fingers. By this point, my mother told me to see a chiropractor. I had always been reluctant to see one because of the all the horror stories and the thoughts that they aren't real doctors, etc. However, I am more inclined today to probably take a more natural approach to things. What this Adonnis told me (yes, he was absolutely gorgeous and very married) was that your neck is supposed to be curved. Mine is straight. I had some bone spurs in my neck, which would cause the numbness in my fingers. Anyway, I think it's time to go back. I can't take this headaches anymore. I can barely function. I am popping Ibuprofen everyday and I don't like taking medicines. I want to get back in the gym seeing as I am paying for it. Anyone else suffer from anything similar and have a magic solution to the headaches?

Now, on to the drama...the roommate. Oh wait, the ex roommate. I say that with a HUGE smile. She texts me last night asking about her deposit. I told her I mailed her letter yesterday. She asked me how much the check was for. I told her she wouldn't be getting one back. Well, that turned into several more text messages, very scathing text messages from her telling me that if I was going to screw her why didn't I just let her leave instead of her cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming the bedroom, etc. Basically, she was telling me that if she would have known she wouldn't get any of her deposit back that she wouldn't have cleaned up at all. Now, if she would have taken care of things she would have gotten her deposit back. As it is, she has cost me money. There was brown goo dripping from the walls. There was dried blood on the back of the door (I assume from her dog). She had overstuffed the closet so much the closet doors are off their track and the paint has been scraped off the top. Those need to be sanded down and repainted. The corner of my nightstand had been chipped. There is a run in my berber carpeting. There was blue ink on one of the walls. There were several stains in the carpet and the stench, I can't even explain to you. She doused the carpet with Pet Fresh (you know, those powder carpet fresheners to mask smells) so now it smells like a wet stinky dog that has been covered in Pet Fresh. I had someone come in and professionally clean the carpet and he did a great job. However, he wasn't a miracle worker. The stains are still there and the stench is still there. The stench is so powerful, Febreeze can't do anything with it. I am going to have to replace the carpeting and she thinks she is going to get her deposit back? I don't think so. If anything, I am sending her a bill.

11 comments:

Shanna said...

I used to work for a Chiropractor and I have seen miracles happen! Seriously I highly recommend it. Just research your chiros. The one I worked for did a lot of muscle work that would simply amaze you. Its called Applied Kinesiology. A good neck adjustment should help with the headaches, but you may have to go regulary to get the curve back in your neck. They will probably (or should) adjust you and put you in a traction devise while you are in the office. The most important thing to do while you are getting adjusted is RELAX, it realy will not hurt, but the more tense you are the more difficult it is to adjust. If you have any questions just drop me a note. I really hope it helps. Its pretty much impossible to function when you have a headache...especially for over a month!!

I'm glad you put your ex-roomy in her place! What nerve she has expecting her deposit back. She know what condition she left the room in. Oh well, at least you are rid of her!

Good luck with everything! Hope you feel better soon.

new*me said...

I hope you can find some answers to your headaches. Have you been to the dentist lately? I had migraines awhile back and eventually found our that a slightly broken tooth was the culprit....leaving the nerve exposed.

I'm sure you are glad to be moving on from the crazy roommate!

elife said...

I'm sorry about your headache, it's so hard to do *anything* with one. Hope your doc can help.

Lynn said...

Argh, Roomies are always so much fun, aren't they?

I know going to a Chiropractor really helped my husband with his migraines, although they didn't do pick-all for me. I went to a neurologist eventually and got on an Imitrex prescription (expensive stuff. Every time I take a pill, that's $26.)

I would consult a doctor. Start with a GP and work your way around. It can be expensive, but headaches are 1) weird and 2) debilitating. They can be caused by everything from a strained neck muscle to impacted wisdom teeth to allergies to brain tumors. It's best to try to figure out where they come from.

If the advil isn't helping, stop taking it! those things can cause liver damage... not that I don't think people should take some risks, but if it's not making the headache better, you shouldn't use them. :D

Good luck and keep us posted!

Mark Salinas said...

Headaches are tough! Ibuprofen works for me... hope you feel better soon! Thanks for sharing.:)

Amy S. said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Crystal said...

That's quite the ex-roommate you have. Thank goodness she is out of your house for good.

I have neck troubles too. Mine is out of alignment and then had a car accident to spice things up. My cure is a nice hour long massage.

Scale Junkie said...

Chiropractor is gorgeous and your aren't going back with the slightest twinge? Seriously, you should have gone weeks ago!

Sorry the ex roomie is causing so much grief, it sounds like she did a lot of damage. You can send her an itemized bill but unless you take her to small claims I bet she never pays.

I hope your neck feels better soon! Big hugs!

Deb said...

Roommates suck. When I graduated from college and got a real job, most of my other friends with real jobs were looking forward to buying clothes. Not me. All I could think was "Now I can afford to live by myself!!!!!!!!!!" I still feel that way today. I love having my own space.

ptg said...

I would write out an itemized list of what you've done so far to the room as well as what you have left to do in order to get it into "rentable" condition again. Then send her a copy. More than likely her deposit isn't going to cover that amount.

As for headaches...spinal imbalance and muscle imbalance is a large cause of headaches that I see. A chiropractor or a physical therapist can manipulate the spine to alieve the symptoms, but only a PT can continue to address the muscle imbalance with either soft tissue work or stabilization exercises. I would check back with the chiro since you have an existing "relationship" with him, but also inquire about PT from your primary care doc. It can really help with headaches!

Especially since you've been dealing with this for about a month, it's time to start taking action. If it hasn't gone away by now, it might not y itself.

Sinuses, teeth, jaw alignment, stress, spinal dysfunction, muscle tone and imbalance..yada yada, can ALL affect headaches.

Jori said...

Wow - the more I read your blog, I am AMAZED at how much we have in common! (Seriously - it's almost scary...)
You said you have been having headaches for about a month. How long has it been since you started on that new medication? Could it be possible (even remotely) that the headache could be a side-effect? You can research the med at rxlist.com if you aren't sure. Something to consider, anyway.
Icing of the neck may be able to help ease the tension, too - even though heat does feel better!

I hope you find releif soon. Headaches are terrible.