Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm Walking on Sunshine...

It's finally going down...after nine months of struggling. The numbers on the scale are falling! I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 275. Quite honestly, I haven't put much effort into it in the past three weeks either. I have watched what I ate (somewhat) but I have noticed quite a difference in my appetite. It's actually quite strange. I am starving, when I am hungry. Ravenous. I could eat anything. The problem. My eyes are bigger than my stomach. For example, yesterday for lunch I had a BLT, minus the T and french fries. I know, I know. It wasn't exactly healthy. I was full after about 1/2 the BLT. Now, the problem. I continued to eat. I should have stopped. I need to work on that. I think there is this sub-conscious thing about wasting food and/or money. I'm not sure...need to dig deeper. I think I can contribute this new appetite thing to the Topomax. Prior to taking it, I wouldn't have felt full until close to the end of the french fries.

I am noticing in the evening, that I just really don't need a big dinner. I am having a sandwich around 6p and that's it for me, for the evening. I think that my new Synthroid and this Topomax might have just been the answer for me. I wish I would have seen the doctor sooner.

Hopefully, things will calm down a bit next week so I can get back into the gym and things get back to a normal chaotic. There are some classes I want to try out.

I also want to do another challenge. Maybe, both a personal and exercise challenge. I need those to keep myself motivated. Stay tuned for more information. I should have more information on Monday.

7 comments:

new*me said...

congrats!!!!! That's awesome when you lose without really trying ;) Talk about some motivation!

carla said...

YAY.

from the post title (HOW GLAD WAS I TO SEE THAT?) to the finding that youre just not needing/wanting a big dinner.

that youre so tuned into your body you realize this.


happy weekend,

Miz.

Kate said...

?? Topomax usually has the opposite affect on people, and it's associated with weight LOSS... Of course when I was taking it for migraines it didn't do a thing for my weight.

I understand the "clean your plate" compulsion. I was from one of THOSE families, and I'm saving up for new dishes... with SMALLER plates. Problem is, I can't just go and get a cheap set, because then I'd have big plates again. Buying it all separate is expensive :(

Shanna said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you!!!

JC said...

Congrats on the loss. Happy to hear things are smoothing out for you. I have the same issue with continuing to eat after I'm full but I'm doing better and you will too. Have a great weekend.

Big Girl said...

Yeah! Glad things are working for you...

The Dark Lily said...

congrats on the loss