Monday, September 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Challenge

How about creating your own personal challenge and compete against others for motivation?


Thanksgiving Weight Challenge


Thanksgiving is approximately 8 weeks away. How much do you want to lose by Thanksgiving? Sometimes it helps to write our goals down to make us more accountable, especially if we give our goals to someone else. Friendly competition also seems to help some of us.

Want to participate? Just give me your current weight, the weight you want to be and each week, just comment with your new weight. Let's see how much we can lose!

So, I will start it out...

Thinking thin: 275.2/259


Thanksgiving Exercise Challenge

Want to participate? How much exercise do you plan on doing between now and Thanksgiving? Just give me your goal in minutes and each week give me your total number of minutes of exercise. Let's see if we can get some friendly competition going? Any takers?

So, I will start it out...

Thinking Think 1200 minutes (yikes)
Kate 1600 minutes

My Update

Weighed in at 275.2 today so it was a good week. I ended up losing 2.6. I am stoked! I know I am repeating myself but since I started taking my new thyroid pills and this Topomax I am feeling better and gaining motivation back. The weight is coming off with little to no effort. Now, if I put effort back into it, there is no telling what I can accomplish, at least that's my theory right? Now, that I am starting to get my house into a little bit more order I am going to head back to the gym today. Don't get me wrong the house is still a warzone but it's not nearly as bad. Pictures will be coming soon :).

I haven't talked about A lately but he is still stuck in Iraq and still as sexy as ever. *sigh. They keep giving him dates to come home and then changing him. It is killing him. They told him the other night that he might be able to leave this Friday. Now, it looks like that will change again. For pete's sake, don't tell him anything until the day before. They are literally killing him inside. They are draining the life from him.


F and I still talk. In fact, not this past weekend but the weekend before he had asked me if I wanted to do something on Sunday. I told him sure. He told me he would call me when he got up and we would get together. By 2:30, I didn't hear from him. I texted him and asked if he was alive. He said he got preoccupied with homework and working out. I was pissed. I told him "maybe" we would get together another time. This past Friday we spoke and somehow we got onto the topic of our relationship together and he said "You had to go and fall in love with me and that complicated things" I was taken aback by that statement and actually it hurt. I asked him "so it was all one-sided?". He said no. I told him that he made it more complicated in his head than it really was and that he wouldn't have to worry about me ever falling in love with him again. I am sure he didn't mean it to come out the way I took it but it was a slap in the face to me, a hard one. Despite everything he is a good man with a lot of issues and I am not sure he will ever be ready for a relationship and if he is, it won't be anytime soon. He is not comfortable in his own skin yet. I will still be his friend...but him and I will never be, at least not in the foreseeable future and I am ok with that.

10 comments:

Kate said...

well, I'll take you up on the exercise challenge... 1200 minutes/ week sounds pretty good to me as well. I should be able to do that fairly easily, so maybe I'll up my goal during the challenge. I'm already doing about 1,000 in classes, and another 200 or so at home. Maybe I'll go up and shoot for 1600.

Thinking Thin said...

I'm not doing 1200 in a week...trying to kill me? That's 20 hours of exercise in a week...not gonna happen. :P

Although I do think you meant for the challenge :)

Lynn said...

Well, my goal set for thanksgiving is to get to my 3rd 10% loss... which, given what I weigh right now (166.6) means I need to lose 5.6 pounds to get to 161.

~6 pounds in 8 weeks sounds perfectly doable. :D

Jori said...

You can add me to your challenge, but as a Canadian, OUR Thanksgiving in in just three weeks...which may just make it tough to do really well!

I would like to see myself well into my new set of numbers by the time this challenge is done. Will aim for 6 pounds. I need your email address, please. (Can you provide it on the comment section of my blog? I won't publish it!)

For exercise goal - three hours per week would be optimal (and realistic) for me.

Also - sounds like he isn't ready to be in an adult relationship yet. "A" has my vote!

MaryFran said...

I'm gonna give your challenge a whirl!

Current weight/goal weight 183.2/175.0

Exercise goal 2160 (that is 45 minutes a day 6 days a week for 8 weeks)

Hoping "A" comes home this Friday!

And my word! You keep losin' girl!

Shanna said...

I'm in!

For the weightloss challenge:

Current 180.5
Goal by Thanksgiving: 165
SO, I need to lose 15.5 pounds by Thanksgiving?! Oh my... that sounds like a lot of work. {fingers crossed} not sure if its doable, I might have bitten off more than I can chew (hardy~har~har), but I'm going to push myself!

For exercise: i gotta get back to you on that one. (kinda slow with the math~lol) But basically I am aiming for 5 hours per week.

Lynn said...

Lost 2.2 this week. That's 1/3 of the way there! Cool.

Manuela said...

I'll have to think up a challenge for myself but good luck to everyone else for now.

Thanksgiving might be celebrated with you Yanks however as the other Canadian here just pointed out that ours is just a few weeks away :)

Eliana said...

I'm an Australian who has some vague idea of the Thanksgiving concept. But, I like the idea of an 8 week challenge so count me in. I'll be profuse in my thanks that my ass is finally shrinking. I think I can lose 17 pounds in 8 weeks with at least 1200 minutes of exercise.

new*me said...

I am also doing the Christmas challenge but I will join in. Starting at 246.....I think 236 at Thanksgiving will be doable. I will commit to 2400 min a week. That is about what I am doing now.