Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Challenge Update

It's that time!

It's time for me to update the challenges. I will be doing it later today to allow a little more time to get some of the weights and times in. So far it looks like Andrea is our biggest loser so far...you go girl! I am going to have to step it up a notch :).

Will write more later...

Oh, and I want to talk about this blog following. It seems I can follow some but not others. I don't know why but I want to be able to follow. Is this something we have to set up for people to follow? Anyone know?

OK UPDATE....

May I make a request for those of you that use Blogger? Put the Following widget on your blog. It lets you know who all of your admiring fans are (well if they aren't doing it anonymously) and it automatically tells your readers when there are updates to the blog :). It's a beautiful thing! You don't have to, but it really is such a wonder widget.

How to add the Following widget to your blog

It's really easy to add the Following widget to your blog. First go to the Layout | Page Elements tab for your blog:

Click the "Add a Gadget" link that appears in the sidebar of your layout. You'll then see a popup window with all the different types of Gadgets you can add to your blog. (The Following widget will initially be experimental, so some users may not be able to add widget.) Look for the one called "Followers" and click on the blue "+" icon:

Ok, more later ....

Ok, I'm back!

The exercise challenge update and the Biggest Loser Update is done! Mary Fran is kicking some butt with exercise!!! I need to kick mine up a notch but I am for it. I have classes planned for almost every day this week!

9 comments:

RunningNan said...

Um... I'm not sure.. I just played with it yesterday! It's much easier than checking each blog every day for a post!

Shanna said...

You can add it under the customize you blog section, then add the feature.

My WI this week 179.5
(+1)!! Eeek!!

Andrea said...

I didn't know how to do that either - but maybe with Shanna's help we can both get it going!

MaryFran said...

Weigh in for the week 184.8

Exercise minutes 435

Jori said...

scale was kind...163

exercise...1 hour work out, 3 hours wandering old Montreal...

Manuela said...

I added that feature (or one like it)a month or so ago after I saw it on Patti's page. It is great and I always know who's updated their blog.

(btw, I've been bad but will try to post later this week!)

QL girl said...

I didn't weigh myself yesterday, but I weighed myself on Monday. I've been steadily going up for those weeks I didn't weigh in! Anyway, I'm at 154lbs, and I exercised about 70 minutes/4 miles. If you count bellydancing that adds another 180 minutes.

QL girl said...

I didn't weigh myself yesterday, but I weighed myself on Monday. I've been steadily going up for those weeks I didn't weigh in! Anyway, I'm at 154lbs, and I exercised about 70 minutes/4 miles. If you count bellydancing that adds another 180 minutes.

Fab Kate said...

In order to follow a blog, the blog author has to have used blogger in draft to select the widget for followers. Then you just click the "follow this blog" in their blog. You can set it up for your blog as well, and have people follow you!

You can also (for blogs that don't have "follow this blog" or blogs that aren't on blogspot) Use Google reader. You can also have your blogroll select blogs from your google reader. For example, if you go to my page and click the link for the blogroll, you'll see the blogger in draft widget showing all the blogs I follow in google reader and in blogger "follow".