Monday, October 6, 2008

The Music Will Lead You...

The music will lead you...that's what the instructor kept telling me throughout the class on Sunday. Sure, it will. What she didn't realize is that I have two left feet, possibly three. I went to the line dancing class or AKA torture class. I figured it wasn't going to be much of a workout, but I thought it would be fun. I was totally wrong. I was drenched in sweat by the time we were done. I couldn't even tell you what dances we did in there, my brain turned to mush after the third or fourth one. We did do the Mambo and a little bit of Waltzing at the end. As we shuffled, weaved, grapevined across the floor she continued to tell me the music will lead me. Lady, this music isn't leading me anywhere! She told me that the music is shy and doesn't know me yet but when it gets to know me, it will lead me. hehe...sure it will...lol. I must have looked like a buffoon. Whatever. I am getting to the point that I don't care what I look like in these classes. I am not there to please anyone else.

After 75 grueling minutes of tripping all over myself and the 70 year old women in the class feeling bad for me (how is that for an ego booster?), I decide to check out the Zumba class immediately following this class. I only had intentions of sitting and watching a few minutes to see what it was all about. I ended up doing a bit of Zumba for about 20 minutes until I could do no more. My head was pounding, my heart was pounding, my hips were hurting, I was thirsty and if I continued I was going to need a body bag. 95 minutes was enough!

By the way, does anyone know what kind of shoes I should get for gym floors? Mine kind of stick to the floor, which could be contributing to my two left feet. I need something that glides better.

Today, my body hates me. Yesterday when I weighed myself the scale looked good. It was showing about a 4lb loss for the week. This morning only .2! Damn scale!!! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!!! :) The bright side is it is still going down and I am happy about that.

In other news...I am mad at A (well, not really but...) I haven't heard one single word from him since Tuesday when he had sent a message saying that he was in the States. I know he is with his family right now and it's probably pretty hectic. I really didn't expect to hear from him but was kind of hoping. *sigh. I miss him. I figure maybe next week when things start to calm down for him (I hope), he might get some time to get in touch with me.

13 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

You TOTALLY ROCK!!

Great job at the Y, and you know stopping at one on your way home is a great way to avoid that flipping rush hour traffic that always raised my blood pressure LOL

Liz said...

you make me want to join the gym again so I can do some classes :)

Andrea said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job with the classes.

On the challenge front: 275 minutes of exercise & maintained weight at 217. I knew some of that 8lbs last week was water weight from being sick darn it, but at least no gains.

Hanlie said...

Dancing is great exercise and a lot of fun!

RunningNan said...

I read that as "Maybe he'll get some time to touch me". Boy. I need sleep!

Shanna said...

That is awesome! You gotta have fun, and you definitely sound like you are!

For the exercise challenge, I put in 180 minutes last week, I will do my WI tomorrow. (not sure if I posted it, for last week's update, but I was the same)

TC said...

I suck at dancing. I'm impressed you're using it to work out because I would definitely fall flat on my face - immediately!

MaryFran said...

Woo hooo! I'm so proud of you for getting to that dance class! I keep saying I'm going to, and just never do. I'll be honest enough to admit that I lack the courage! :-)

Don't stress about the fluctuations on the scale....the numbers will come down!

Big Girl said...

what's the deal w/ A not getting in touch w/ you? That bites. sorry about that but I do hope this week will change that.

Lynn said...

On the challenge front: I lost 1.2 pounds this week and walked 14.8 miles :D

Manuela said...

This will have to be short and sweet--I'll try to post later this week.

Got the clock today and it's beautiful! So glad you suggested the yellow lilies. I definitely have to get a picture of it in for everybody to see.

Catch up with you later and thank you for the beautiful souvenir :)

Stacy Cartwright said...

it must have still been somewhat fun :)

my current weight today is 170.0

Thanks for all you do!!

nmburleson said...

Good for you for trying some new classes. You definitely have to go back and try again. The next time will be easier. I do Zumba classes and I just have to laugh at myself. Every time I go left and everybody else goes backwards, well, I just laugh! What else can I do? :)