Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My toenails hurt


I went to belly dancing again last night. First, I am very proud of myself for going to the class a second time after the first humiliating experience. I do think that I did a little bit better the second time around. The instructor told me I had beautiful curves and she felt that I will get the hang of it. I hope she isn't just humoring me. Time will tell. My body aches from head to toe. I seriously think my toenails hurt. I am taking today off from any classes seeing as I have had dance classes for 3 days in a row. I might still go to the gym and do some weights on the arms. I am committed this time or maybe I should be committed, not sure which yet. Shhh, don't tell anyone but I took a peek at the scale this morning. *Looks around, make sure no one can here and whispers, it said 270 :). Baby, it's going to be 269 or less by end of week (I hope). If, in fact I make it to 269, I have not been that weight since I was sick with pnemonia about five years ago and I only saw that number for about a week.

5 comments:

Jori said...

Good for you for going back to that class. I'm thinking you will do just fine... it's never easy to learn something new.
Pour some epsome salts into a hot bath - that will help ease the muscle pain.

I posted my results in yesterday's post - just in case you didn't see that!

Andrea said...

Way to go on the class!! If you keep it up - you'll be to goal in no time!!

RunningNan said...

That is awesome! You make me want to sign up for a class right now! I have to admit that I thought of your dance classes when they had a snippet on the news about exotic exercise. It was the weirdest and funniest thing I've seen yet! I don't think I'll be using a stripper pole to exercise!

Big Girl said...

great job on going to the classes, you must be enjoying them.

and i love that the scale was showing you some love...

Fab Kate said...

:) Belly dancing is quite a workout! I'm trying to figure out how to add it to my routine. Financially it's a challenge!