Monday, October 27, 2008

New Bling Baby...

I have new bling today! 20 pounds baby and into the next decade! Woo hoo! I am doing the happy dance. You have absolutely no idea how wonderful this makes me feel and how motivated it makes me to continue.

I want to thank my thyroid pills, all you wonderful ladies for your support and kick in the asses and Diane for my bling!

So, I just lost a 20lb bag of dog food or 20 boxes of butter (ewwwwwwwwwwww). I must be one of those people that loses a little bit everywhere. F has also lost weight and it's all come off his belly so you can really see it. Me, I am not noticing much of a difference other than I see my thighs look like they are getting toned (YAY!), which could be the dancing classes.

A and insecurites down below...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am so exhausted. I have been working like a dog, which is my excuse for my lack of participation in the blog world lately. I must apologize for not coming by to visit as frequently but time has just really been an issue. Ok, well if I cut out the time that I have been chatting with A, then I would have more time to come visit all of you wonderful ladies. Right now, A is going through a great deal. His father has cancer and is in the hospital right now and it is killing A. He hasn't said much about it the past couple of days but I do try to keep his mind off unhappy thoughts :). We were up to 5a Sunday morning just talking. The more we learn about each other, the more I want to go to his apt complex and just start knocking on every door until I find him. We still haven't met. His best friend did tell me why and he is afraid he won't live up to my expectations. It's funny, that men tend to have the same fears that we do (or maybe just the same fears that I do). That's one of the things I hate about meeting people that you have met over the Internet....is you don't have that physical first impression. I will say more on it in a sec. Granted, I never went out searching to meet him. He sort of fell in my lap through the game that I play. What are the odds? This is a game played by millions (am guessing the number) all over the WORLD, and here we are...him and I meet by chance and find out we live 30 minutes from each other.

Anyway, I'm just as scared to meet him. I like the way things are and am afraid that if we meet, that will change. I have seen it before. What if he has this unrealistic expectation of what I look like? Am I the only one that has issues with the whole weight thing? My friend C is always telling me I am being ridiculous (coming from the size 2 blonde) but she has never experienced the total shift in attitude when men find out that you aren't that size 2.

I have no idea what my point to this post was..hehe. Anyway, A and I are planning on meeting but we are both kind of testing the waters at this point. His best friend tells me that he really likes me but he has been burned in the past. He is nervous about me, or so she says (I seem to have that affect on men...it's voodoo..LMAO). I am ok with taking it slowly because I know that no matter what we will be friends and he would be a good friend to have (although I think he would make a nice pillow ornament too...hehe). Taking it slowly offers other advantages.. I can lose more weight so I am not as self conscious when I do meet him.

Oh, he sent me this song this morning and told me to listen to it. It's named Am I the One by Beth Hart. Check it out...powerful song and the lyrics are incredible. If you like Janice Joplin, she has been reincarnated.

18 comments:

Hanlie said...

The things you are going through reminds me so much of my single days... I was incredibly lucky to meet my husband 3 years ago and it will all fall into place for you too!

new*me said...

wow!! Congrats on the new bling! Seriously, if you want a relationship to work, it really has to be based on friendship first. And, if A is okay with the total package, he shouldn't even be a possibility.......you know what I mean? What if when you saw him, he appeared 25 lbs heavier or he was shorter than you expected? Would it change how you felt?

Looking forward to more updates!!

Thinking Thin said...

I have no doubt that it will fall into place. I totally believe that everyone comes into your life for a reason. He is here for a reason and who knows how long he will remain.

Newme, you are absolutely right. That's why F and I still talk and still do things. We were friends first and we will always be. I value the friendship more than anything with A and if it doesn't progress from there, I have made a good friend. Of course, he would still make a nice pillow ornament :P. If I saw him 25lbs heavier or shorter, it wouldn't matter to me. He truly is a gem.

RunningNan said...

Congrats on the loss!

MaryFran said...

Woo hoooo congrats on the 20!!!! That is so exciting!

I'm so with there with the insecurities. BUT....from what you said about A, you have nothing to worry about!

Can't wait to hear about that first meeting when it occurs!

Ok....my stats for your challenge. I totally fell off the wagon. I now weight 191.0 pounds. OUCH (yes, you may gasp if you need to). I have exercised ohhhh about 120 minutes since the last update!

(the picture of the corncob on my post..yep, I took that!)

Andrea said...

Way to go on the loss. Good luck with A - I hope it turns out just how you hope!

Concerning the challenges - Weight:211.5; Exercise: 300 minutes.

spunkysuzi said...

I can't get over how great your doing :-)
Congrat's on getting the new bling!

Shanna said...

Hi there girlie... I've been MIA for a while, butI just wanted to drop by and say CONGRATS on 20 LBS!!! This is freakin' amazing girl! Keep up the great work!

Big Girl said...

congrats on the bling... nice!

I'm sure you and A will slowly find your way and make things happen at a pace that's right for both of you. It's funny how things work out.

SuperDave said...

Great job on the weightloss this week!
I know what you mean about the "whole weight thing", but you are a cutey and if he doesn't like you for who you are, then screw him. But maybe,just maybe he thinks you are hottie and you wish you would've met him earlier.
Keep up the great dancing!

Manuela said...

Yay for you and your new bling!

I've definitely slowed down in that department and still working on the 15 since summer!!!!

Heather said...

congrats!!

Cammy said...

Yaay for new bling!! Celebrate with a special treat for yourself!

Jori said...

Yippee for the new set of numbers!! Congratulations.

I have never met you personally, but if you look ANYTHING like the person on the front of your blog, you are a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL woman and any man would be thrilled to have you as his arm candy.
You look good. Period. You don't have to be a size 2 to be an amazing person.
From all that you have said about A, I don't think your physical shape will matter one little bit.

Challenge update: weight - down .5 and exercise - 120 minutes.

Liz said...

Congrats on the bling!

I met my husband online...it was weird, we live a couple miles from eachother and worked just about 1/2 mile from each other...things just fell right into place and felt right...and when we finally did meet, he was the same person I had been emailing and talking to for so long before....so I am gonna cross my fingers and hope that is how it is for you too :)

ptg said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! That is so incredible and we're all so proud of you!

As for A....I truly believe that if it's meant to be, it will happen. I met my Hubs 3 years before we met and nothin'. Then, when I met him again later, it was meant to be.

Enjoy every moment...you never know where the train ride will end!

Lynn said...

Lost 1 pound this week. :D gratz on bling

TC said...

Am I the only one that has issues with the whole weight thing?

Not at all. I think it's happened to just about anyone who has met someone they first met online. Pictures don't tell the whole story you know? And sometimes, now matter how great you click online, over the phone, etc., you just don't in person. You can see pictures and think he's cute and he can say the same thing - but the reality just isn't there. I've had it happen. It sucks, but I've had it happen. And it may or may not have been because I wasn't as skinny as he liked. He never came out and said that... but when you've had years upon years of people taunting you for that from an early age, you kind of assume that if someone suddenly isn't attracted to you when before they were, that's the reason.

I hope things work out for you and A. Sounds like you two could really use one another right now!