Thursday, October 2, 2008

Recipe Thursday

See, I told you I would get back into the swing of things :P

Today is ....


Pineapple Cranberry Pork Roast
...and it is made in the crockpot!

Ingredients
1 (3 pound) pork roast
1 20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons flour
3 Tablespoons water

Instructions
Place pork roast in a 6-quart crock-pot. In a medium bowl mix pineapple, dry soup mix and dried cranberries; pour over roast. Cook on low heat setting for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours. Remove roast to serving platter and increase heat to high (if necessary). Whisk together flour and water and blend into pan juices; cover and cook for 15 minutes. To serve slice roast, whisk pan gravy to blend well and serve with sliced roast.

Notes: This is a nice change from the usual pork roast. The pineapple and cranberries really accent the pork roast and make a nice, chunky sauce for pouring over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

Number of Servings: 8 - 10 pts per serving

10 comments:

carla said...

non pork eater (dont like it--no other reason:))
would turkey breast work?!

Thinking Thin said...

I don't see why chicken or turkey wouldn't work. I have another recipe that is chicken with cranberries and apples together (which is to die for) :)

OH BTW, not sure what your other comment meant re: that study? If so, it's legit.

Felicia said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing! I have some chicken breasts just screaming to have something done with them. May try this out on them.

Have a super day!
*huggles*
=0)

Amy S. said...

This sounds delicious, and I just happen to have all the stuff at home, will have to try it soon!

Amy S. said...

No, I have had at least a headache almost everyday since I started them, and a migraine most days. I am trying to be patient. He told me it could take almost a month to get used to them.

Some days I eat less, but for the most part it hasn't helped my appetite as much as I had hoped. I have really wanted sugar. I cannot drink anything carbonated, which sucks, no beer, no pop. I'm adapting slowly, I like parts of it, I don't like some parts of it...

Amy S. said...

Any news on 6-pack?

Amy S. said...

I feel like I'm stalking your comments, I hope you have some "contact" with him this weekend;) Good luck and have fun.

I think you'll hear from him sooner than you expect, sounds like he's a nice guy. You deserve happiness. If you haven't heard from him by Monday, he may wonder why you haven't called him yet? Go get em girl!

nmburleson said...

wow that sounds good! Thanks for stopping by my blog...added you to my blog roll so that I can keep up with you as well. :)

Stacy Cartwright said...

this sounds so good i may need to try it out this next week i have a nice roast in the freezer that i need to use. thanks for sharing.

new*me said...

sounds like a great Fall recipe!