Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Challenge Update..it's coming

UPDATE
Challenge Updates are done! You have to check out the exercise challenge and where we went!

I'm working on the challenge updates so don't fret :P. I haven't totally slacked off! I am going to post my weight even though I don't want to. My weigh in for the week was 217.2 *sigh. A small gain...It's all TOM's fault!! I hate him. He's a #*%(&%! At least Bitchy is napping right now. Shhh, don't wake her. I'm sure she will awaken later today. Luckily, she was still sleeping when I was standing in line for an hour and half at the voting polls this morning while all the retirees (who have nothing better to do all day) clogged up the lines.

Last night was another night I did not want to go to the gym but I did. I went to my class and we had a sub. I didn't like her but it was probably the first time teaching the class. She did ok, but just wouldn't have been my cup of tea. In fact, if she does the class again I probably won't go back. I still got a pretty good work out, out of it but it wasn't nearly as fun as it is with the normal instructor. My back is kind of bothering me this morning too. Belly dancing should help that tonight (or one hopes).

Oh, so yesterday there is a comment on my blog that says:
Oooh. I like the goal recaps. Smart. My name is Dawn Wellington and I love your site! I work for a company that invented a weight loss product (Mary Lou’s Weigh) that recently became available to the public. I wanted to see if I may send it to you (for free) for you to try and then post a review on your blog (if you want). Either way, I’d love your feedback on the product. I know you weigh-in and some people actually like knowing their weigh number - if you do, then this product isn’t for you. However, if you want to track your weight (know how much you've lost or gained) without knowing how much you weigh, then please read below for details. I look forward to hearing from you. About Mary Lou’s Weigh:Mary Lou’s Weigh (named after Mary Lou Retton, Olympic Gold Medalist) is a revolutionary new way for people to track their weight in a non-judgmental way. While Mary Lou’s Weigh resembles a bathroom scale, it’s entirely different -- it never tells you how much you actually weigh. The platform logs your weight and only tells you how much weight you’ve lost or gained. It keeps you aware of what’s working so you can respond before you gain, unlike the “pants method” (track your weight loss or gain by how your pants fit). Mary Lou’s Weigh helps keep your eye on a positive goal. It gives you proven, actionable advice each day and it’s easy to use. The Mary Lou’s Weigh Platform motivates and guides you through an achievable 10-pound weight loss with audible feedback (yes, that’s Mary Lou Retton talking to you), including music, applause, fun electronic tones, helpful health tips, positive reinforcement and daily messages of encouragement. After the 10-pound goal is achieved, the Platform resets automatically so you can either maintain your weight, or go for another 10 pounds.For more information, go to www.marylousweigh.com. Thanks! -Dawn

Now, that all sounds great and I would love to give it a try and give it my review if it was given to me. There is no contact information. Was this just a ploy to get me to the site or was this a legitimate post? Thoughts?

8 comments:

RunningNan said...

I think it was a ploy to get you to their site. I would think if it were legit, they would've emailed you from your sidebar and given you contact info. Being in sales, there are people who use that as a sales tactic and sometimes it works.

ok.. So a small gain. But it's not a big gain, and it will be gone next week along with Tom and Bitchy! Maybe she'll leave town sooner! lol.

Allison said...

I received that same thing from Dawn Wellington in an e-mail. I haven't responded yet, because I figure there's gotta be a catch.

SuperDave said...

I get spam emails quite a bit for my site, asking to put on advertisements. Personally, I would ignore it.

Eliana said...

I just love the word 'free'. But I'm sceptical when it's followed by the word 'lunch'...

new*me said...

no loss this week........still at 237. I got in a great week of exercise 420 minutes.

new*me said...

i just noticed I'm still listed at 239......update whenever you have time ;)

Jori said...

Just read your exercise challenge update. My favourite name of a town in Tennessee is "Buck Snort"! When SIL and I were driving through there last year, we just couldn't stop laughing when we saw that name.

Buck Snort, Suck Egg... yup, great names in Tennesee!!

Eliana said...

Okay hon I am out of the race. I'll post this at some point today, but I'm pregnant! Go forward without me men and storm Thin Cove! All being well, I'll be back in the battle field in about 8 months.