Monday, November 3, 2008

It's Monday again?

Good morning! I don't have my weigh in this morning. I don't have it on purpose. Last week was not a good week. I was not prepared for the long hours at work, which meant I wasn't prepared for meals, which meant I was not eating what I should have been eating, which means it was not a good weigh in this morning and I refuse to accept it. On top of it, Tom is coming and he is bringing Bitchy and Bloaty with him. Normally, he doesn't bring Bitchy with him. It's usually Depressed that he brings, but it's definitely Bitchy this time and Depressed is in hot pursuit. Oh boy, I just love being a female! I can control Bitchy, I think...but I can tell that she is there. The littlest thing will just #*(%&#*& aggravate me. See, there she is!

I did spend an hour at Zumba yesterday, my first time for an entire class. I thought I was going to need to be hauled off in body bag afterwards. I had my hair up in a ponytail. After the class, I had reached up to pull the scrunchie out and my hair was dripping with sweat. I couldn't believe how soaked I was. Bleh...but that's how I gauge my workouts. The more I sweat, I equate that to a better workout.

I will be updating my weight tomorrow *sigh. I promise I will also update the exercise challenge tomorrow seeing as I was such a slacker last week :).

October Goals Recap
I did ok with my October goals, at least better than I have in previous months. How did you do on yours?

1. Try Cardio Salsa class. DONE
2. Try Cardio Sculpt class. Last Thursday was going to go, but had to work late AGAIN.
3. Try Dance Sculpt class. Never made it.
4. Try Kickboxing. Never made it.
5. Try Zumba. DONE
6. Try the Line Dancing class. DONE
7. Journal/count points everyday! 27 days out of 31

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Last week was not a good week for me either, but we can hang in there & do it. We just have to keep plugging.

On the challenge front: Weight held steady at 211.5 (which is good considering all the crap I ate - someone get this candy out of my house); Exercise: 240 min.

RunningNan said...

That's awesome! I'm glad that you did the Zumba class again.. doesn't it feel great to sweat like that?

Manuela said...

You did great on your October goals. I'm starting out November like I did all last summer--trying to get some exercise into every day.

I've been bad at trying to fit it in but know that I can!

Cammy said...

I like to sweat, too, which is not something I ever thought would happen. :) Good progress on your goals!!

MaryFran said...

I hear you about not weighing......this journey is rough, rough, rough.

My stats for the week.

Man....my weight is just not cool. 191.2 OUCH!

After that one whole week of not doing one iota of exercise I got to the gym a couple times, worked out at home and took lots of walks this past week. total minutes 425 for the week!

Big Girl said...

Not bad on the Oct. goals. It's so great you're getting to so many classes. Keep it up!

new*me said...

doing okay. I am keeping my eyes on my goal.......I will update you tomorrow. I think I may have just maintained ;)

Dawn M. Wellington said...

Oooh. I like the goal recaps. Smart.

My name is Dawn Wellington and I love your site! I work for a company that invented a weight loss product (Mary Lou’s Weigh) that recently became available to the public. I wanted to see if I may send it to you (for free) for you to try and then post a review on your blog (if you want). Either way, I’d love your feedback on the product.

I know you weigh-in and some people actually like knowing their weigh number - if you do, then this product isn’t for you. However, if you want to track your weight (know how much you've lost or gained) without knowing how much you weigh, then please read below for details. I look forward to hearing from you.

About Mary Lou’s Weigh:
Mary Lou’s Weigh (named after Mary Lou Retton, Olympic Gold Medalist) is a revolutionary new way for people to track their weight in a non-judgmental way. While Mary Lou’s Weigh resembles a bathroom scale, it’s entirely different -- it never tells you how much you actually weigh. The platform logs your weight and only tells you how much weight you’ve lost or gained. It keeps you aware of what’s working so you can respond before you gain, unlike the “pants method” (track your weight loss or gain by how your pants fit). Mary Lou’s Weigh helps keep your eye on a positive goal. It gives you proven, actionable advice each day and it’s easy to use.

The Mary Lou’s Weigh Platform motivates and guides you through an achievable 10-pound weight loss with audible feedback (yes, that’s Mary Lou Retton talking to you), including music, applause, fun electronic tones, helpful health tips, positive reinforcement and daily messages of encouragement. After the 10-pound goal is achieved, the Platform resets automatically so you can either maintain your weight, or go for another 10 pounds.

For more information, go to www.marylousweigh.com.

Thanks! -Dawn

Lynn said...

Blech. Maintained this week. Walked 7.5 miles. Less than my usual mileage. maybe that's why I didn't lose anything, despite being pretty good about flex points.

Jori said...

checking in...

163.4

Exercise was down - only 1.5 hours.... :o(

Amy S. said...

I love that you are not being a slave to a scale. Awesome. And rock on for hitting so many of your goals. You go girl.