Friday, November 21, 2008

Mystery Man Revealed...

Well, it took me awhile but I did find out who the Mystery Rose Man was. FDR wouldn't tell me without contacting the customer. Around 3p, I was on the phone with FDR again and the woman on the other line said she had some good news for me (I don't give up). She gave me the name and I was shocked. It wasn't the A we all know and love (but I do have a short story about him too) it is a different A. I will refer to him as Canadian. Canadian and I have never met. I "met" Canadian in the game that I play several months ago and we play together regularly. He is a super nice guy and is always telling me how wonderful and awesome I am (almost too much). So, he knew that it was my birthday and he also knew that I had been laid off and was in pretty low spirits. He had asked me the day I had been laid off what my zip code was because he wanted to find out if there were any Mac stores in my area to see if they were hiring. He also knew my last name from my IM, so with those two bits of information he used the Internet to get an address which had a wrong phone number. He took a chance on the address and it happened to be correct.



So when I found out I called him a sneaky little shit and then thanked him. He must have gotten a kick out of me telling him about all the trouble I was going through to find out who sent them...the little shit. LOL. He was afraid I would be mad at him or think he was a stalker considering he had to do a little sleuthing himself to get my address to send them. What a nice guy!



So now A knew I got some roses and did ask if I found out who sent them. Yep. He asked who, so I told him. He said to me, "I think he likes you". Yeah I think he probably does. Hint, hint A time to get off the pot :).



So A and I are talking today and I finally ask him what the problem is. Why won't he meet me? I said I don't want to pressure him (he feels like I am) but he has never told me why. Give me a reason. His response....



have you ever had a feeling about a person and then you jump into something and its ruined......the build up to whatever was f*#$* because it was rushed......well I told you I test the waters, I want the build up, if there is one....does that make sense...plus I'm really spontanious...you never know when I will do something off the wall



So, there may be hope still :)



Oh, next week I will be updating all the challenges and getting caught up...right now in resume hell. I have sent out about 20 so far. Cross your fingers for me! And as another side note, I will visit you all and see how you all are doing. I've been pretty self involved lately. Sorry!

13 comments:

RunningNan said...

Aww. yay on all parts!

Plus, there's nothing wrong with being a little self involved!

Hanlie said...

Aha, the plot thickens! Can't wait to hear more...

Have a great weekend!

Jori said...

Wow - what an interesting week you have had!

Happy belated Birthday, by the way.

As for being self absorbed, I think you have just cause for that! No rush to update MY information on the challenge. I've not done so well. ;o)

Amy S. said...

Oh, I'm living vicariously through you right now. JEALOUS, in a good way of course. Hope you have a great weekend. Good luck with A or A and the resume business.

Liz said...

I am glad you found out about the mystery man :)

Good luck on the job hunt too, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

elife said...

Ooh it's raining men, girl!

Kelly said...

God I miss romance. ;)

Manuela said...

A Canadian? Oh my!

Don't worry about being self-absorbed as you call it. I think the last thing on my mind would be my blog!

Good luck on the resumes--I'll be doing that in January :O

Scale Junkie said...

A Canadian man....you know when it comes to men and motors I prefer the imported ones ;-) WOW he sounds like a really sweet guy to have gone through the effort to find your address. At least he is in Canada and you know he's not just going to do a drive by.

As for A...I won't comment

Sending good vibes on the job hunt!

SeaShore said...

Fingers crossed!

Bunny Trails said...

Yah know, I was reading and thinking he sounded a little stalkerish but then just came off sounding sweet! maybe this is the motivation 'A' needed to get in motion!

I wish you luck on the job hunt. I am just beginning mine too. Certainly good reasons for you to be a little 'self involved'!

SuperDave said...

You have 20 resumes out already! You don't mess around.

Natalia said...

Glad to hear that you found out who the flowers were from that must've been a relief! Good luck with the resumes!