Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Roses and cryptic messages...

I want to thank all of you for your well wishes. I'm not going to let this get me down, I can't. I need to find a job. I have worked very hard all my life to get where I am today and I refuse to lose it all. I need to apologize to those of you that are in the challenges (again) about not being more on top of things when updating. I am going to do better but I do hope you understand with the current state of my life that I am going to have to discontinue "our walk". I will continue to add up our steps/mileage and at the end of our journey I will figure out where we ended up. I hope you understand but right now my financial future needs to take top priority in my life.

Now, onto a brighter side..I think.

Last night, I came home to a dozen red roses on my doorstep. It was my birthday yesterday. The big present was being laid off. Thanks, I love it! Can I return it? The roses obviously couldn't have come at a better time considering the two shitty days. I rush inside to see who they are from. The card reads, "May today bring some small joys and the year ahead be filled with nothing but promise and happiness - from your friend" WTF? Why the hell can't you sign your name? On the envelope is a cell phone number. I call it. It's a bad number. SHIT! So I'm thinking who would have sent. F? I call him. No, it wasn't him. He feels bad now. This is the second time I have asked him if he sent flowers and it wasn't him...hehe. Oops, maybe he will eventually send some. Hmm, A? I haven't talked to him in over a week. Not sure what is going on with him so no way to ask him. My friend G because he always just sends me stuff out of the blue and always remembers my birthday. Nope, not him either. I ask a few other people, no one is claiming. I start to think maybe it was my boss but red roses? That might be a bit weird. Oh, and for the record whenever I get flowers I always seem to get the cryptic messages, no name. In fact, I thanked the wrong guy once for flowers that he didn't send me so the next day I got a bigger bouquet from the guy that didn't originally send them. So, all last night I am trying to figure out who and whose cell number that could possibly be. A male friend of mine told me last night that whoever it was had to spend between 50 and 100 dollars for them and the liklihood of them not appearing in my life is slim. Ok, good point. So this morning I call the florist. It was done online. Ok...so I call FTD with the order number. They can't tell me. I asked her if she could confirm if I gave a name. It wasn't my boss. I asked if I gave her another name. She said she really couldn't, she could lose her job. I asked her if she could tell me what city. No. What state? No. Could she just grunt if I asked and got it right? No. She told me she could call the customer and find out if it was ok to release the information and call me back. It's almost 1p, I still don't know.

So someone from my past ? Someone with the wrong cell phone number? The mystery continues...

15 comments:

RunningNan said...

WOW... I never get strange flowers out of the blue... Hey... at least you have some fresh flowers to enjoy!

Amy S. said...

Wow, nothing cool like that never happens to me.

Happy Belated Birthday.

Amy S. said...

That should say, ever happens to me, my grammar is spectacular today.

HollyALP said...

I must agree - I wish I got random flowers! Although I guess not knowing who they were from might be a little irritating...

Ms. Gigglepuss said...

Oooh, random flowers!! What a nice way to end your birthday. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough who they are from, and hopefully it's not a creepy someone from your past!

Bunny Trails said...

I really can't think of a cooler surprise than random flowers! :) Nothing that neat has ever happened to me!

We are in the same boat, sad to say. I too was laid off from my job. We can commiserate :)

Scale Junkie said...

Oooooh a mystery!

WannaBe Healthy said...

Wow. That's a pretty cool story... I like mystery. You ought to let us know who it was (if you find out) :)

Happy Belated Birthday!

Manuela said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about your job! This truly is a tough time to be out there. But on the bright side, how lovely to get flowers and from a myster sender--you will definitely have to keep us informed on that end ;)

Andrea said...

Hmmmmm...very interesting. Hope they are from someone WONDERFUL! Happy late birthday!

Don't worry about the challenges - we all think your well being is more important.

Hanlie said...

How exciting! Things like that don't happen to me...

Hang in there, girl! With your drive and determination you will have an even better job in no time.

stickola said...

I came upon your site and i agree with your way of thinking. I also have a blog that deals with the proper maintenance of weight. Ive fallen prey to fad diets my whole life and have now have a different way of thinking about food.
Hopefully we can learn from one another.
http://theweightlossrollercoaster.blogspot.com/

I love your site. Congrats on your progress and determination.

SuperDave said...

HB! Roses aren't a bad thing and guess what, it's making you think of something else.

SuperDave said...

HB! Roses aren't a bad thing and guess what, it's making you think of something else.

Natalia said...

Somebody did that to me one time and it drove me nuts! Seems like since the phone number was written on the card they could verify it for you. Hope you find out soon!

Happy Birthday, btw!