Monday, December 29, 2008

It's my new year

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that I am still alive. Things have been a little rough on my end but I have declared today the start of my new year. I am not waiting for the 1st of the year. Today is Monday, it's the start of a new week, Christmas is over and it's time to get back to where I was.

Short recap on happenings in my life. I have gained a few pounds. I am at 274 this morning *cry. My step father had to be taken back to the hospital and was told that if he doesn't change things he won't live another 6 months. He is permanently on oxygen. I went to help my mother with things because she ended up with a really bad chest cold and I ended up hurting my back so there hasn't been any exercise for two weeks. I am still hurting. I did go to the gym today and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes but I could feel it so I didn't push it. Last week was the first week I missed my belly dancing class and I hated it!!!

I am still looking for a job and still nothing but I have a lot of leads to check out today so am crossing my fingers.

Things with A are moving along nicely. I adore that man!

Oh, and I decided that I am going to try the Eat for Life the best that I can. I will continue to count points just because I like the accountability of what is going in my mouth.

So, there's my last couple of weeks in a nutshell. I hope everyone is doing well and had a Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate. I hope things settle down in the future so I can come visit all of you and see what's happening in your world. If you are visiting me, comment and let me know that all is well in your world.

17 comments:

Big Girl said...

Nice to hear from you. Sorry it's been a couple crappy weeks for you, but it is the time to start fresh. May 2009 bring you only good things.

Natalia said...

I started my "New Year" on Saturday! No sense waiting, right? I could do a LOT of damage in 5 days and I was ready to get back on track so why wait!

I know a job will turn up, now that we are (almost) past the holidays, people are going to be gearing up and hiring. :)

My husband has been looking for a long time, after all the resume's he sent out he met a person in our apt complex and that's how he found this job. Talk to everyone you know and even people you don't know...sounds weird I know, but it worked for us!! Sending job vibes your way! :)

Amy S. said...

you seem to echo a lot of the blog world sentiments, I plan to post my similar intentions later! Happy New Year.

moonduster said...

Don't worry about a little gain over the holidays. You'll have it back off you in no time!

Lynn said...

I started my new year today as well.. my goals for this year are to finish losing that last 30 pounds, to work on becoming more physically fit, and to improve my self-image and general attitude on life.

So, I have started a Smile! notebook where I will keep notes on good things that happen to me, or things I am proud of, so I can remember that I am a good person and do worthwhile things!

Hope things go well for you, and I'm cheering on your man, A!

Manuela said...

Good luck on the personal front and on the job front. Believe me, I know how tough it can be!

I'm hoping for good things all around in the New Year for both of us :)

Take care!

Wei Sic Meow said...

Sorry you're having a rough time. I think a lot of people out in blog land are looking forward to 2009 with hope for better things to come, so happy new year! Onwards and upwards!

Andrea said...

Sorry that things haven't been better for you, but way to push on through & get going again!!!

Eliana said...

Ahhhh there's nothing like a fresh start. All that potential of a clean slate! I'm trying to give myself one too - although that means taking off some of that baggage about the sorry fate of my other clean slates (those who shall not be named). I comfort myself with the knowledge that others have felt the exact same way and still made the decision to change.

I hope 2009 is both our year my dear :)

carla said...

hang in there...new years can be great (a!fresh!start!) and, to me sometimes, feel pressure filled as well.

take care,

Miz.

new*me said...

all the best to you in the New Year. The perfect job is just waiting for you to find it :)

Hanlie said...

Some times we just have to wash our hand off the old year a little early and get on with things! I hope your back heals quickly so that you can resume normal exercising... Good luck with your plans!

I'm happy to hear that you are making progress with A. You deserve to be happy!

Deb said...

Good luck on the job hunt. The new year may bring you some opportunities as companies start a new budget year.

Liz said...

Here's to a fresh start and I hope things keep getting better for you :)

RunningNan said...

Do you honestly think that 4 months ago you would've hated missing a belly dancing class. I think that's a huge mark of progress! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as well!

SeaShore said...

I'm sorry that you and your family have been having such trying times lately.

I wish you all the best for 2009.

Take care.

fatfighter said...

Sorry to hear your family's having a rough time. But it's 2009 now, so hopefully things will be better. Happy New Year!