Monday, December 1, 2008

It's a new day!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Today is the start of a new day, new week, new chapter in my life. The good news today is I am back down to the 260s...yay! 269.4 to be exact! Two pounds lost this week. Yay, me!

Here's my plan. In between the job hunting and hopefully interviews, the gym is going to be my job. I am going to get up every morning and I am going to the gym whether it be for a class or to do cardio and weights. I don't have an excuse. My goal, even though it might be pushing it is to be under 250 by the first of the new year. I know I have to work really, really hard especially when my body always fights me but I am up for the challenge. Let the gym rat stage of my life commence!

As for A, aka 6 pack, things are progressing. I don't want to go into too much detail here but he really opened up to me about his fears and how he feels this past weekend. The egg has hatched...now he just has to have the courage to take flight :).

11 comments:

Hanlie said...

Yay for A!

And well done on the loss. Go for it, girl! Even if your hard work doesn't reflect on the scale by the end of December, it would still have been worth it for your body. Trust me on this!

moonduster said...

Congrats on the loss! I'm sure you can hit your goal by Christmas!

I just had my baby, so I've decided, after taking this week "off" from healthy eating and exercise (I feel so guilty!) to get back into my healthy lifestyle full-swing again and see just how much I can lose for the new year!

Andrea said...

I think you have a great plan! Hitting the gym daily will also help to keep your mind off of everything else going on & hopefully you can enjoy the break from work for a little while. I hope they left you with a decent severence package so that you don't have to be so worried.

Oh, & I'm just catching up on my blog reading - sounds like things are getting quite interesting with A. Keep us posted. Hope you have a great week!!

Amy S. said...

Hooray for the 260s! Congratulations. Hope your "day at the office" aka gym goes well. Keep us posted. (and keep us posted on A too...these are the days of our lives)

Big Girl said...

I wish I had your new job... =)

Good luck on your goals for December.

KK said...

Yay for A and yay for you and the two pounds lost! Good plan for the time being!

new*me said...

woo hoo for you on a new decade!!!!!! You can meet your goal..........just keep it up ;) and have fun at the gym! Good luck on the job hunt!

Liz said...

Great job on the loss, thanksgiving week and all, that is awesome!

Good luck with the job front, but glad you are hitting up the gym in the mean time, and hopefully that egg will hatch soon :)

Cammy said...

Yaay for the 260s! You'll be in the 250s in no time, with this renewed (but never truly absent) commitment!

SuperDave said...

Yahoo on the weight drop! After everything you have been through lately, it's great that you didn't resort to food as a "crutch." Good job!
You got a plan!
Good luck this week!

carla said...

ok girlfriend:

hows the new chapter going??