Thursday, December 11, 2008

Routine

Well, I didn't go to my belly dancing class Tuesday night but it's not my fault! My instructor called me and said she wasn't feeling well and was canceling. I could have gone to the gym anyway but I didn't. I did, however go yesterday and plan on going today so no kicks in the ass are needed :). In fact, my arms are a bit sore today. I've been working the flappys. You know what I'm talking about. I always thought my arms were ok until I went to belly dancing where we use our arms a lot and of course we are surrounded by mirrors. I was horrified to see that I had the flappys. The bit of fat under your arm that continues to wave hi when you have stopped waving hi. The ritual when I go to the gym is to always use the flappy machine (gotta love my terminology) and the hip/thigh machines, you know the one that makes you feel like you should be at the gynocologist. That reminds me of my old gym I had belonged to with my ex-husband. They had that thigh machine placed in front of mirrors. Obviously, a man owned that gym. *sigh.
I ordered the Eat for Life book yesterday. I don't know if I can do it but I'm going to give it a shot. Anyone else try it? Thoughts? How did it go for you?

I really wish I could afford to hire a private trainer because I need someone to tell me what to do at the gym and how much of it. I need a routine that has been given to me. Anyone know of any free sites that give training routines or do you have a routine that has worked for you and want to share? I want routine and need it. I am less likely to skip days if I have a "real" routine.

Yesterday, Shanna gave me an award. Isn't she the sweetest? So I get to pass on the love. These things are always so hard to pass on too because everyone is deserving. Can I cheat and list everyone because really everyone is so deserving. Everyone of you has provided me support, encouragement and kicks in the ass when I needed it. All of you have provided motivation when I needed it most. So, you know what I am...to all of you that visit me and have posted your comments and provided me motivation in the past, this award is for you. I know this is probably cheating but I can't just select a few of you.
1. Please put the logo in your blog
2. Place a link from the person, from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate at least 7 or more
4. Put the links of those on your blog
5. Leave a message on their blog to let them know

10 comments:

Carly said...

LOL @ "flappys". I call mine my "Batwings".

Hanlie said...

Ah yes, the flappies... I really have to start working them!

Can't help you much with the workouts since I've been delinquent too!

Andrea said...

I relate to the flappies - what are you doing to get rid of them?

By the way, I gave you the same award as Shanna did. I guess you really are loved by all. Have a good rest of the week!!

Cassie said...

Hello there,

LOVE your blog! I will make it short & sweet. I am interested in advertising on it (http://thinkingthintoo.blogspot.com) with a text link on the sidebar.

Please let me know if you might be interested. If we can come to a fair price, I will pre-pay for 1 year via paypal.

Many thanks, cheers!

All the best,
Cassie (cassie003@gmail.com)

Christy Lee said...

nice blog there!!!
Hello my name is Christy Lee. I am seeking out possible link partners that our visitors would be interested in visiting. I've found your website to be a very good fit for our visitors. I have already gone ahead and added your link to our website at: http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/
I am contacting you to see if it is ok to have done so. Also, I would like to ask if you mind linking back to us? If so, please use the linking details below and send me the location of our link on your website.
Here is our linking details:

Title: Weight Loss Management
URL: http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/

I hope this can be a way for us to benefit our visitors with excellent content.
You can email me at:
wheepin_guitar@yahoo.com when you have added our link on your page.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Christy Lee
http://weightlosspictures.blogspot.com/

new*me said...

congrats on your award!

Bunny Trails said...

Seriously laughing at the flappies ... I so have those!! Mirrors are evil :)

By the way - Congrats on your award. You are, indeed, fabulous!

Kelly said...

I found a really inspiring story on youtube...just type in tatichamp under videos and watch some of her vids, she was 200 and after lifting weights for a year, she has no loose skin. Makes me more confident that skin can shrink even with a lot of fat to lose, especially with weight training.

Kel

Jori said...

We all knew your blog was fabulous; isn't it great that others know too? Congrats on the award.

My wingspan area has started to decrease since I have been working the upper body on the poles. Will likely always flap, but at least it is toned... sigh...

Natalia said...

Oh boy I have some serious flappies!!! I've got so many moving body parts I'm a hazard if I try to jump. I could give myself two black eyes and a concussion if I try to run! LOL