Thursday, December 18, 2008

Self Inflicted Kick in the Ass

I have semi-fallen off the wagon. Pull me back! :P

It seems I am busier being unemployed then when I was. How can that even be possible? It could be because I spend almost 10 hours a day looking for a job. It's exhausting. I have been neglecting all my blog comrades and that I apologize. I hope you all are doing well, I haven't forgotten you!!!!

My step-father is still in the hospital but seems to be getting better. He will never be better but at least we aren't worrying about the "do not resuscitate" papers at this point.

I got my Eat for Life book and quite frankly I don't think I can eat like that. This may sound like a cop out and that I don't want to put in the effort but I truly think that I would be setting myself up for a huge failure by following everything in that book. Now, not that I don't think it doesn't have valid points it does. I have gained some valuable insight and I am going to incorporate more of it into my daily routine (oh wait, what routine?). I don't eat enough veggies and fruits. I am guilty! That's where I need to start. Baby steps! Cutting out all animal and dairy products is just not a likeable option for me at this point. I have been horrible with journaling lately. Basically, I have been horrible with everything. I haven't been eating. I forget to. So frequently, I am having one meal a day and some days it is healthy and some days it is not so healthy. I need to get myself into a routine again. I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies and that will be the majority of my meals so I don't have any excuse. I need to give myself a kick in the ass!!! I have been doing good and I don't want to undo everything that I have done.

On a side note...for those of you that may still be curious about the status of A. He is doing well and things are still moving slowly but in the right direction. He thinks I should be beating men off with a stick (yeah, ok..that has never been a problem) so I asked him why he thought that and his response was...

Cause a beautiful, witty, smart, hilarious woman thats also sweet, sexy and romantic should have a line of guys out the door, it just seems strange that you wouldn't have suiters all over the place.

This man....oh my, what can I say...I can't even begin to tell you how many wonderful qualities this man has. He has let me in to the deepest parts of his soul in recent weeks and this man has a beautiful mind and soul and whether or not anything materializes from this online "connection", I am very lucky that he came into my life. He gives me the motivation to continue to improve myself, he keeps me positive, he makes me smile even when I don't want to...I could go on and on but I will save you all the mush :).

13 comments:

Bunny Trails said...

A sounds amazing! But then again, you deserve amazing! So it's perfect that you found one another!

I totally get the busier unemployed than employed. I am the same way. I feel like I don't have enough time to do anything. maybe it's that I am sick, but you are right - it's exhausting! I'm sending 'calmer' vibes your way! Oh, and I'm also sending 'get an amazing job asap' vibes your way!

moonduster said...

Giving up all meat and dairy is not for me either. You don't need to give it up to be healthy though.

Eating more fruit and veg is heading in a good diection. :)

Shanna said...

they really need to make better seatbelts on the wagon! I fell off too =( Rough landing!

But since you have been going through SOOOO much, I think its ok. It a temporary lapse, you are ging to get right back into it, besides, what an amazing motivation you have!! LOL... A sounds wonderful!

Good luck with EVERYTHING, I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

Big Girl said...

A does sound amazing and it's always nice to find people that make you want to be a better person. Hold them close to you.

Penny Dreadful said...

Hey, the holidays are hard!!!! Be strong! Right now I'm on my way to the holiday office cookie party...sigh...weighloss is hard.

Crystal said...

Hope things turn around on the job front-that has to be extremely frustrating but you are handling it like a champ.

The wagon sucks. Not only did I fall off but my pants snagged on a nail and I got dragged under the wagon where I've been hiding out for the past month or so. At least it's quiet under there :)

Hanlie said...

Eating more fruit and veggies is certainly a good place to start!

I'm still crossing my fingers that you will get a lovely job soon!

RunningNan said...

dig your nails into that man! Don't let him go!

I'm with you... I haven't been able to blog or read blogs lately. I am glad to hear that all is well!

Liz said...

It looks like you know what you need and by stocking up on fruits & veggies you are headed in the right direction. Plus it is probably better to be busy then to let your self be lazy and depressed now that you aren't working, so that is probably a good thing too. Let yourself keep having fun getting to know A better while you're at it too :)

Manuela said...

Oh, so glad to hear from you! I've been so busy with school that I haven't had much time for comments--just the odd blog post here and there.

I'll come again to wish you a merry Christmas (or happy holidays!)

Terra Kent said...

glad things with A is going well, sometimes falling off that wagon is what we need in-order to see how far we have come and to help us climb right back on, giving you a good shove up into the seat, :-)

SeaShore said...

I'm glad your step-father is improving.

I hope your relationship with A heads where you want it to. He sounds wonderful & you deserve wonderful!

Scale Junkie said...

I've been neglecting everyone too but I wanted to stop by and give you a Merry Christmas wish and hope that Santa leaves A under your tree!