Monday, January 19, 2009

Funk, no more!

Ok, funk is over. It has no choice, it must move on. Life is too short and can't waste the pretty :).

I have a phone interview this morning that I am feeling really good about. It's odd in a way. I'm not feeling good necessarily about the interview, but the job. The job has been posted since November so they have had a hard time filling it. I have my theories why but not ready to divulge that yet...I don't want to jinx anything. Do you all believe in fate? I do. I believe things happen for a reason. This job is at a hospital and this hospital is the one my step father has been frequenting, 5 miles from my parent's house. Now, my parents live 55 miles away. Yes, it will be a very long drive for me if I get the job but it probably won't take any longer than when I was driving 23 miles because I won't be driving with the traffic. The secret about this job is it will get my valuable experience in the medical field and I could go anywhere. My marketability will triple, if not more. This is a good thing! My mom is all excited. She thinks if I get the job that I will move closer to them, who knows.

As for A (6pack), he is occasionally talking to me when I ignore him. It's funny how that works. When he no longer gets any sort of attention from me and others are paying attention to me, he comes around a little bit more. It has taken me a bit and I am not totally there yet but if this is what he is going to do, then he doesn't deserve me. He will realize what he threw away when this other woman gets bored with him and I'm not there to pick up the pieces. Last night, he told me that I am way too nice sometimes. Yes, he's right. I told him that obviously being nice hasn't gotten me very far in many aspects of my life. He didn't respond and that's ok. I want someone to appreciate me while I am there, not after I am gone and at one time he did. So, moving on. I don't need his issues.

I want to thank all of you that have left your comments about asshat, it has helped.

The other good news in my life is that I am down a couple more pounds and I am back to the gym today. It's time, again to concentrate on me. This has always been my problem. I spend all my time thinking about everyone else and I forget about numero uno. One of these days, I will figure it out how to make it all about me.

The new me is gradually emerging and pushing the funk out of the way. After my interview today, I will be coming to visit you guys to see what you all have been up to as I have been neglecting all of you lately (nothing personal) . I am missing all of you wonderful ladies.

11 comments:

moonduster said...

I'm glad you are feeling in better spirits. I hope things go well with the interview. :)

Dutch said...

Good Luck with the interview. It sounds like a great job. I am happy to hear that you are out of your funk. I am in that funk right now but only because I can't seem to get better. I have been wanting to start exercising but now I seem to have a sinus infection and the doctor just called in more medicine for me. I hope within the next few days I will start feeling better so I could exercise. Ok enough of my whining. lol Have a wonderful day.

Big Girl said...

Good luck with the interview.

I'm glad you've made some good decisions about A and that you are sounding in better spirits.

I miss having you around!

Natalia said...

Good luck with the job interview! :) Good Riddance to A!

Scale Junkie said...

YAY for vanishing FUNK!!

I can't wait to hear how the interview went. I say this job is just meant to be yours.

new*me said...

glad you are making yourself #1 and I hope you get the job!

Hanlie said...

Fingers crossed for that interview! I'm so glad you're feeling better... And WTG on the weight loss. I've just come from "Annette's Awakening" and she said that we should always put ourself on our "To-do" list, because we should be #1 in our own lives!

TC said...

Sorry to hear that A ended up being a jerk :-/ However, I'm really glad to hear that you have the right frame of mind to deal with him and how he's treated you. You're doing really well!

And congrats on the weight loss progress! That's amazing! Good for you :)

TC said...

P.S. Good luck with the job situation. It's tough out there. I hope this works for you.

loseweightnowegould said...

Good blog, I like it.

Liz said...

You sound good...I am crossing my fingers that the interview goes well for you :)