Monday, January 12, 2009

In a funk..

Well, I haven't been around because I am in a funk. The last thing I typed here was about having an interview. I had it and think I bombed on it in a few areas. I should hear something this week about it either way. They have a long hiring process so it could take several weeks anyway. Quite frankly, after talking to her it's not a job I would want forever but right now just need a paycheck. I did get some good news over the weekend that my mortage payment is going down about $100 a month and they sent me a check for my escrow analysis. It couldn't have come at a better time, it buys me a couple more months of time, if need be. If it would have come before I got laid off I would have spent it remodeling. So, the news in my life is I am still unemployed and...

I think A and I are done before it even started. For the past several weeks, he hasn't said much to me. He is going through a lot personally and he suffers from major bi-polar, not a good mixture. I have given him his space because I know he just shuts down to deal with things and will not talk to anyone. However, it has been several weeks and quite frankly I didn't know where I stood anymore. I had suspicions he was talking to some other chic in the game we play, which isn't a big deal normally but if you aren't spending the hours talking to me anymore and you are with someone else, I begin to wonder. This "chic" also knew that him and I had something going on and that I was crazy about him but she tried slithering her way in anyway. So anyway, I did talk to him yesterday and his first response to me was why do I need to make this about me. Um, because I am going through a lot too and would like you to be there asshole! He told me he is in shut down mode because of everything going on in his life and doesn't feel like talking to anyone. But yet, him and this chic were talking all night in game last night and logged off together. How can someone go from telling me they are crazy about me to spending hours with someone else almost over night? I don't get it. I'm sure he will be back in normal form but not sure I will be here. Men suck.

16 comments:

Big Girl said...

Hi Friend...sorry you're in a funk about work or rather not working and the whole A situation. It can all seem rather frustrating

Hang in there...

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Sounds like you have enough stress on your plate for a lot of us - sending healthy wishes your way, hoping you find ways to destress!

elife said...

I'm sorry you're in a funk. ((hugs)). As for A, have you guys actually met in person?

new*me said...

yeah a lot of them suck, you just need to find the right one:) Maybe do it the old fashioned way the next time around so you can really know what is going on. Either way, I am sorry about the funk! Maybe prince charming is waiting for you at your future awesome job :)

Hanlie said...

I hope things start looking up soon!

RunningNan said...

I'm sorry you are in a funk. It totally sucks to go through. I am sending more good thoughts your way

moonduster said...

Sorry about the funk.

If A is bipolar, mood swings are the norm. I have a teenage daughter who has bipolar disorder. Without treatment, it can get really ugly and you wouldn't want to be around him anyway. With treatment, it's a different story though.

(((hugs)))

Natalia said...

Aww sorry to hear that! Hang in there on the job front, something will turn up. :)

Liz said...

life is full of the ups and downs,you are just on a bit of a down now, but will be on the up again soon. Take it easy, find a job you like, and have fun while looking for a new man...it will all work out in the end so don't worry :)

Scale Junkie said...

I know the job situation sucks. The job Ken has now that he started in September he had applied for in June. I've heard of people interviewing and not hearing back for 2 months. Its just a tough time right now.

I understand about being in a funk, I'm in a mini funk myself but trying to pull out of it. Call me if you need to talk, we can go hang out, Natalia lives in Riverview and we've been talking about meeting up somewhere in the middle. We could have a little blogger Tampa area coffee group.

:::hugs:::

Eliana said...

The best advice I ever received re men was when I was dating this incredibly gorgeous but completely screwed up guy who was running hot and cold for 18 months. My friend said to me - 'Think of yourself as a space station with only so many portals free for someone to dock. For the whole time you have some crappy jerk using up your docking port, all the great guys go zooming on by unnoticed, as your time and attention is already taken. Raise your bar and dont settle for less.' I realised I'd been doing this for most of my adult life. I ditched the guy, turned down another bad offer and then met my now-husband, who was everything kind and good in another human being. Good luck to you :)

SeaShore said...

No wonder you're in a funk! I'm sorry about the interview, and about A. Sounds like you're better off without him. Shutting you out in favour of someone else is enough of a reason in itself.

run4change said...

My wife has gotten pissed at me for the video games in the past. I have stopped playing them and started talking and spending more time with her. She is worth it. I have been in a funk myself for a little while. I lost 130 lbs and am fighting like mad to keep it off. The funk is no help on that front as I am sure you know.
http://run4change.wordpress.com

Amy S. said...

Yuck sorry to hear that. Hope things get better soon. I assume 6 pack A is done too? I feel so out of the loop now. I'll keep my hopes up for you. I wouldn't wait around for an ass like that!

Todd said...

Dear Fellow Blogger,

Coffee Cup Communications is a publicity and communications firm specializing in new media promotions. As a part of our services, we run blog tours which feature new books (and other products) on blogs related to the book's topic. We are currently seeking participants to blog about the anti stress, weight loss book, the Stress Eater Diet, by Robert Posner, M.D. and Linda Hlivka. In reviewing your blog, we thought some of your readers might be interested in this topic.

You can find a full summary of the book and information about the authors at http://www.stresseaterdiet.com/.

This tour will run from February 23-27. As a participant in the tour, you will receive a free copy of the book to read and review. In return, you are asked to post about the book on any day during the tour. You have full flexibility to create a post that matches the tone and style of your blog. We will have interview questions, a media release, author bios, and photos up on a centralized website and available for you to use. Or you can also post your personal review of the book. You are not obligated to write a positive review, although we ask that you remain respectful toward the authors.

Please let us know if you are interested or if you have any other questions. You can also review our website for other examples of tours at the address listed below.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Please let us know your thoughts.

Todd Howard (info@blogtourspot.com)

The Blog Tour Spot, a division of Coffee Cup Communications

http://blogtourspot.com

Michelle said...

The fastest and safest way to reach your goal weight is with physician supervised weight loss. Medi-Weightloss Clinics has locations across the U.S. They also help you maintain your weight loss through their wellness program! Check it out! www.mediweightlossclinics.com