Friday, January 23, 2009

The interview...

I had my face-to-face interview yesterday and it seemed to go well. I think that I would get along well with the group, if I was hired. Some of the interview was serious and I am not sure I always gave him the answer he was looking for but did the best I could. One of the questions which I had absolutely no problem answering is, "what really ticks you off".

As I was leaving, I did ask the IT Director if he had any concerns about my abilities to perform the job and he told me no. He had told me that there are three other candidates (bleh) and that I should know something within three weeks. It was at that point, that I did something I haven't done in the past but all these job interviewing tips tell you to do it. I asked for the position. He told me that it was good to know that I wanted the position and he would be in touch. The recruiter called me later and left a message that he told her he was excited about me. It's definitely a good sign but these three other candidates need to bomb now :). I sent out my thank you letters last night, so cross your fingers. I will continue to send out resumes just in case.

15 comments:

ptg said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you - and great job on being assertive and letting them know you're really interested and want the job. :o)

Hanlie said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I really believe that when we want something we should ask for it. Well done!

Big Girl said...

I have my fingers crossed for you and good for you for asking for what you want.

Liz said...

crossing my fingers for ya! :)

new*me said...

sounds like it went great! Good for you!

TC said...

Wow. Having them call and say they are excited about you is a huge thing. Good for you!

Manuela said...

Good luck! I'll be going through the same process this summer when I'm finished with school.

Positive vibes everywhere!!!!!

SeaShore said...

Good luck!

Crystal said...

Will keep fingers crossed for you. Hopefully you are shoe-in for this position. Keep your good vibes going strong.

Natalia said...

Good for you on stepping out and asking for the job! That is awesome!! :) Sounds like you did great! :)

Dutch said...

I hope you get the job. Have a great Sunday.

Early said...

With this many fingers crossed for you there's no way you're not getting that job!
All the best!

JC said...

So glad you sent thank you notes. I'm in the process of hiring so far only 1 of 15 people have cared enough to send a thank you note. None have asked for the job and only 3 put forth any effort to find out about the work they would be doing. Very discouraging from the employer side as well as the job seekers side. If he was excited about you then you will hear something within the next week or so. You don't really know whether or not he has other people to interview. I always say that whether I do or not. Good Luck!

Scale Junkie said...

I'm waiting to hear the good news. I think this job is meant to be YOURS!

disa said...

85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室