Friday, January 30, 2009

Waiting...

I am sitting by the phone today. Why, you ask? The recruiter for the job that I applied for called me yesterday and told me that the IT director would be calling me yesterday or today. No calls, yesterday. I assume if he is calling me, he is calling me to extend an offer. If he was not going to extend an offer, again I assume that he would just go through the recruiter.

The recruiter called me a little bit ago to find out if I had heard from him. Nope. So, I sit here and wait. Stressed, excited, nervous....you name it, my emotions are running the gammit.

I have one and half severance checks left, so the nerves are a little bit frayed.

I haven't done much lately in regards to my "diet" but am still holding at where I was. My good intentions to get to the gym everyday went by the wayside. I spend most of my days looking for a job, revising resume to fit the job, creating cover letters, etc. That has been the priority in my life for obvious reasons. However, Monday I am forcing myself out of bed in the morning and going to the gym then look for a job (if needed). My 20 year high school reunion is in July (yikes) and I definitely would like to be about 40-50lbs thinner. I can do it, if I really, really work hard.

So cross your fingers that my phone rings soon with good news, before I lose my mind :).

5:25P Update: Still no phone call *sigh. Recruiter just called again to tell me that it's not a bad sign that he hasn't called. Either way they have to contact her, it's in their contract. She didn't want to call him again and be pushy. Good! I don't want a pushy recruiter that works for them be the cause of me not getting the job. So, as of right now....nada, zilch, nothing.

15 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

I'm sending good vibes and hoping that phone rings with a job offer VERY soon!

Big Girl said...

Did your phone ring yet? Sending good thoughts your way.

lauren_ashley said...

I thought this would be of interest and encouragment to everyone trying to lose weight and get healthy. Mike Weaver, frontman of the band Big Daddy Weave, took on the challenge of losing 90 pounds this year. He's doing this with the help of two health and fitness experts to guide him along the way. Mike has been tracking his progress online with the hope that his successes and struggles will encourage others to live a healthier lifestyle. You can go to www.90in09.com to check out Mike's daily updates, find healthy living tips and ideas, take on your own fitness challenge, and join the online community!

carla said...

and?? checking back in and hoping youd heard...

new*me said...

Hoping it's GREAT NEWS! Holding steady with your weight is an accomplishment with all your stress :)

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Hubby went through that when he got laid off last year. The "we'll call this week" turns into a call the next week. Pain in the tuchis. I feel your pain (sorta).

I hope you get the call later today or Monday latest, so you can be at ease.

Now, go exercise. when you start that new job, you're gonna be so busy and tired, you'll put it off. Exercise as much as you can while you're still free to do so prior to the new job, get your mojo going, so the new job doesn't derail you further. Go on. Move. Now. :)

The P

moonduster said...

Good luck! I hope he calls soon!

jh said...

Wow. It's amazing that you are doing so well and holding your own even with the stress of the job search and suspense of that phone call. Good work and good luck.

jh
boda weight loss

RunningNan said...

Please tell me you got a call?!?!?!

Hanlie said...

And I thought things took long in Africa! Fat Bridesmaid is also still waiting...

Hang in there! A "no" travels faster than a "yes"!

Eliana said...

Fingers crossed you get the job (and even my arthritic toes)!

Scale Junkie said...

I can't believe they are making you WAIT all weekend. Once you get the job you can pay him back for this ;-)

Jenn said...

I experienced that exactly earlier this month. The company (who hired me and I start working there Feb 23) started talking numbers with my recruiter on a Wednesday and I got the call from the hiring manager with the offer the following Tuesday night at 5:45pm. My second interview was 1 week + 1 day before that. Hope you hear from them soon.

Natalia said...

Waiting is hard! It probably turned into a very hectic day and other things on the too do list needed to get crossed off first! Here's hoping the call comes in first thing Monday!

Cammy said...

Anything yet?