Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why I have been MIA...

I have been in my own little world for a long time now. I haven't had much desire to be blogging although I do miss checking up on you guys. I apologize and even though I'm not checking up on you and leaving you messages, I do think about you. For the past several days, I've been sick. Not sick, in having a cold. Actually, I'm really not sure what is wrong. I have had chest pain for five days. Saturday night I had a fever of 102 and decided that Sunday morning I would go to the urgent care clinic. Sunday morning I woke up and the fever was pretty much gone but felt nauseous and ended up getting sick, all of which are not good signs. I went to the clinic and the doctor (which I have to tell you about) did chest X-rays and an EKG. The chest X-rays came back ok but the EKG showed some irregularities. I know nothing about EKGs but it had some dips where I guess there shouldn't have been. He was concerned because of me having Lupus. Now, before I go any further I have to tell you about this doctor. I felt like crap. I looked like hell...literally. I did nothing with my hair, no makeup, crappy clothes on...I didn't care when I left the house. Of course, I should have. This doctor was fine. He was 36, had four degrees, was thinking about going back to school for law, I could go on and on. So, I knew I had to have the EKG and if he was going to be doing it I was going to tell him that he was going to have to take me out on a date first before he could see my breasts....lol but luckily it was the nurse. I did tell her. I'm sure she ended up telling him I said that.

So anyway, because of the EKG he was really concerned about me and didn't even want me to drive myself to the emergency room. I did drive myself to the emergency room. I get to the ER and was immediately brought in. I was shocked. They did chest Xrays again and another EKG and a bunch of blood work. They hooked me up to heart monitors, oxygen and an IV. The Dr came by at one point asked what the problem was and I told him and I never saw him again. All I found out was that my chest xrays were clear, lungs were clear, no heart attack, heart looked good, oxygen levels looked good, I wasn't pregnant (duh!), I still had an irregular EKG and I had chest pain. My prognosis was that I had chest pain. They don't know why. They don't know if it will go away. They don't know what's causing it but I can go home. How's that for a $4800 hospital bill, not including the doctor's fee (for the whole 2 minutes he spent with me). I will be interested to see what his fee will be.

I can't get in to see my doctor right now because now I am in between insurance because apparently my insurance stopped Feb 7th and I haven't gotten my Cobra paperwork yet. I had to pay $500 on Sunday between the urgent care and ER and I just can't put out anymore money at this point without having a paycheck yet....lol. No wonder I'm having chest pains. I am feeling a little bit better but still not 100%. The bright side is that I am down to 267. I haven't really been trying much and obviously I haven't been working out.

Once, I have some structure in my life again I will be back. Right now, it's just so difficult. I need structure. I miss structure (I think). Just know, I haven't forgotten you guys. I think about all of ya and hope you're doing well. I will be harassing all of you soon enough :).

22 comments:

QL girl said...

Oh, wow. What's important is that you're ok!! I hope you get back to 100% soon. Take care of yourself, and worry about us all later. =]

queendonna said...

I hope you're feeling better. Please make sure you do go back to urgent care if your pain continues. My husband went to emergency 4 times before doctors believed him ... he was 40 at the time and they called it "chest wall pain" and gave him painkillers. They thought he was too young for heart trouble .. sheesh. He actually had a blocked artery which was diagnosed for several more months. Take of yourself.

Liz said...

I hope the chest pains go away and you start feeling better. That sounds scary.

We will be here when you are ready to get back to blogging and exercising more or just in the mean time when you need to vent :)

moonduster said...

I hope your chest pain goes away and you can start feeling better. (((hugs)))

elife said...

Scary! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Manuela said...

Take care of yourself!

I hope that it's nothing serious and I'm looking forward to seeing more posts from you in the future.

All my best :)

Eliana said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that experience. I'm also sorry you had to pay $5k to go through that experience! God bless Australia and its free health care. We also have sandy beaches and great wines, I can send a brochure ;)

Scale Junkie said...

Chest pains and no cause? Stress or anxiety maybe? But that doesn't explain the fever.

Health care in this country...don't get me started, UGH, its a disgrace that we have the best medical in the world but its not available to everyone or if you can access it, you have to go bankrupt in the process.

You should have called, I would have driven you to the ER! Take very good care of yourself and call if you need anything.

Hanlie said...

Glad you're okay! Looking forward to hearing from you more regularly again!

Kathryn said...

You gotta love health care in the great US! I hope for you that it is nothing. Feel better!

http://rmssnowdrop.blogspot.com

Big Girl said...

scary... I'm glad you went to get it all checked out even if they really didn't find anything wrong. I really hope you feel better soon and look forward to having you back on a more regular basis. We miss you!

Cammy said...

Hope you're feeling better now!

Do you still have your gall bladder? I've had two gb attacks and both times, I was afraid I was having a heart attack. The pain was like a knife through my chest and out my back.
I'm hoping that's not it, but whenever I hear of someone having unexplained chest pains, gall bladder is the first thing I think of.

RunningNan said...

I'm so sorry. I hope they can find an answer for you. I sure know what you are going through. I just went through another diagnostic surgery, but was lucky enough to have endometriosis discovered. It sounds stupid, but I'm happy because I FINALLY have an answer. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Natalia said...

Hey! I hope that you are feeling better. So when are you going out with the cute doc? :)

JC said...

I was wondering about you. Wanting to hear about your new job. I'm in the process of training my new person so I've gotten behind on my blog reading.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Cost of medical care in just unreal. Take care of yourself.

JC said...

I was wondering about you. Wanting to hear about your new job. I'm in the process of training my new person so I've gotten behind on my blog reading.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Cost of medical care in just unreal. Take care of yourself.

SeaShore said...

That's scary. ERs don't mess around with chest pain.

Good to hear you're okay. That really sucks about your insurance. I hope you get the paperwork soon so you can et in to see your doctor.

Take care.

PS - If they advise you not to drive yourself again, don't.

fatfighter said...

Oh, I hope you are okay. Please take good care of yourself, okay?

KaNtWheYt2012 said...

Great blog and very motivating. I read about your blog on another weight loss blog (kimkinsdiet.blogspot.com). I'll visit again soon. Happy losing!

Herbalife Australia said...

gees i don't know anything about ekg's but the word irregular is not one you want to hear anytime.
good luck

instantwebmoney said...

If this program is not working for you, try the link below. Weight Loss is Guaranteed or your money back!
Lose Weight Today!

disa said...

h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片