Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I lived...

Well, I had the reunion this past weekend. Let me start with the clothes. That adorable outfit with the peacock feathers came just in time and the picture is a little misleading. The colors were extremely bright and clashing. Needless to say I didn't wear it and it is being sent back. I ended up going in "80's attire". Next time, I'm just going to wear what I feel confident in.

Friday night was the best night, of course that could be because I drank more that night. :) Many of the people that I wanted to see didn't show up. There were a few of my friends back from the day that did show up so I was extremely happy about that. The girls, some of them had gained a little bit of weight but they still looked fabulous. A number of the men improved with age. KJ, for one. He has aged very well. It's too bad he couldn't show up Saturday night too. Around 9:30 or so I decided to go outside because it was flipping hot inside the clubhouse and everyone was going to be heading to one of the local stomping grounds in a few minutes. I went outside and was quite surprised when J was standing there. We went and sat down and talked for a few. Everyone was leaving to head to the local bar and my ride (I was not in any shape to drive) asked me if I was going with him. I told him I would find a ride. J said he would drive me up there. J drove me up to the bar and we sat in the parking lot for a few minutes talking about old memories and yes, we kissed. One of those kisses that makes you weak in the knees...that perfect kiss, no fumbling around, the perfect in sync kiss. *sigh He told me had to go pick up his son so he couldn't stay. I kissed him goodbye and headed inside.

Drinks were flowing, lots of laughing, catching up with old friends and one of my bestest, bestest friends throughout high school came in. I haven't seen her in probably 18 years or so. She looked fabulous. We talked for a few, promised to keep in touch and then I was headed back to the hotel. J was coming back.

I had a wonderful time with J that night, what little time we spent together. As much as I would love to have something with him, I don't believe that is in the cards. I still don't think I'm his "type". I think for the evening, I filled a void for him...cured the lonliness for just a bit. I haven't called him since that night and he hasn't called me. I figured I would call him this weekend see if he wants to shoot some pool or something with some friends and I. I don't want to lose touch with him again. We will see, though. I have learned that having high hopes for anything usually ends in disappointment.

Saturday night was not nearly as fun as Friday night. I still attribute some of that to my lack of drinking on Saturday night. Another reason is that it was so hot and humid, it was miserable. The clubhouse at the resort we were at was stifling and even the porch out to the water was just as bad. I would just be standing there and I could feel sweat running down my back. ICK!!
One of my former classmates is a stripper down in Key West and her boyfriend is the spitting image of George Clooney. Oh yes, not a close resemblance but I'm talking pretty much his twin when he has that rugged look about him. After the clubhouse closed, my friends S and T wanted to go the closest country bar. I warned them that on Saturdays, it is mostly 18 year olds. Yes, they let them in! We drove 30 minutes, paid our $12, used the restroom and walked out. It was wall to wall 18 year olds, ughhh. We ended up meeting up with an old friend of T's and his girlfriend at a Tiki bar. The tiki bar wasn't bad. We played some darts and pool. We tried getting the girlfriend to play but she had the personality of a rock. She wouldn't talk to us, she wouldn't play darts, she wouldn't play pool, she just stood there like a statue. T's friend was outgoing and fun and I just didn't see the connection between the two. It was such an odd couple.

We ended the night about 3a. I had pretty much enough and was exhausted. There was a buffet on Sunday to bid farewell to everyone but I decided to skip it. As fun as it was to see everyone and catch up on the last 20 years, all my old high school insecurities came back in full force.
They are already talking about either a yearly cruise or the next reunion in 5 years. I will be thin for it, if it kills me!

64 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

oh it sounds like such a blast! So glad you had a good time!

Fat Jeans said...

'Tis the season for hs reunions! I had my 20th last weekend too. Sounds like you had a good time.

Big Girl said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so glad you enjoyed your self.

I Am A Bigger Loser said...

I'm still around! I'm still keeping up with you, too!!!

I hope you haven't forgotten about me!

Thelma said...

Looks like you had a great time on your reunion. And even had some sweet moments with J! Lose weight faster with EFT training. I lose 5 pounds in just three weeks.

FaytPua said...

Glad you had fun and are okay with how far you've come in your goals to burn stomach fat

I'm very envious and can't wait till I get to go to my reunion!

Rachel said...

I just found your blog and LOVE IT!

I've recently lost 80 pounds (and by "recently", I mean it took me 3 years).

Today I've released a book about my own weight loss method called "What If YOU Were Thin" and would like your opinion on it. I used the Japanese method of kaizen to take and keep the weight off.

If you don't mind, I'd like to send you a copy at no charge via email as a PDF. Let me know if you'd like a copy and I'll send it to you today.

I look forward to reading more of your blogs and hearing from you soon!


Kindest regards,
Rachel D. Young
www.whatifyouwerethin.com

Matt said...

You've got a very cool and nice blog here, that's really something. You're such a goal keeper and losing weight is a really challenging one.
Keep up and hope more to inspire others.

mike said...

Glad you had fun
It must be easy and simple to follow - it must be a diet plan you can learn from and stick to long term!
Mike Jsimon, M.D.
University of Maryland
Health,fitness,Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information
Height Weight Chart</a

keeleyresnick said...

援交友留言,視訊聊天室,成人貼圖站,情色視訊,情色論壇,美女圖片,080視訊聊天室,正妹牆qk176,18sxe成人影城,080視訊聊天室,免費交友,情色a片,台灣成人網,情色a片,聊天交友,台灣情色,情人貼圖,上班族聊天室f1,成人網,正妹交友,成人視訊,彰化人聊天室,台灣情色網,免費聊天,美女交友,丁字褲美女寫真,情色,免費視訊聊天室,777成人區,哈啦聊天室,0401視訊美女,免費色情影片,成人視訊,免費視訊,正妹牆自拍, ut聊天室,免費視訊,免費視訊g,八國聯軍成人,聊天室ut,

Paul A Drockton M.A. said...

Did You know that your Blog is one of Google's top 100 for weight loss and dieting?
Pretty amazing if you ask me!

http://fithuman.net

Natalia said...

Hey! I've been thinking about you! Hope that you and your job are doing well!!!

Hope that you have a Merry Christmas. Maybe after the bustle of the holidays we can try and get together!

Take care!

相信 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention..........................

Natalia said...

Hey how are you doing? I haven't caught up with you in forever! How's the job, life, all dat! :) Hope you are good!

新加坡 said...

你的部落格很棒,我期待更新喔........................................

監控 said...

「不可能」這個字詞,在聰明人的字典中是找不到的。........................................

香蕉哥哥 said...

very popular to u! ........................................

士凱 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

夏文宏 said...

一沙一世界,一花一天堂,掌中握無限,剎那即永恆........................................

JesseniaT_Orndorff1021 said...

乳交挑逗淫婦色情俱樂部成人色情成人影片視訊網愛聊天室免費色情網情色區火辣美女情色性愛成人影音聊天成人色情網站全裸美女圖片成人裸照sex辣妹裸體美女全裸圖成人區av女情色內容情色自拍貼圖成人色情網性愛論壇一對多性伴侶成人聊天室撫摸淫美成人論壇女人奶頭女生自慰影片台灣女優美女視訊一絲不掛一夜正妹成人影像巨乳大奶子情色性愛貼圖情色王國做愛視訊火辣情色台灣情色網情色聊天網性愛技巧淫娃情色成人巨乳辣妹性愛知識性經驗

俊茹 said...

Nice Post~!!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

茂鴻 said...

Well done!........................................

Ani said...

Hello,

I'm part of the production team for a groundbreaking new talk show pilot in the relationship arena and I really liked your blog. I would like to talk to you more about your thoughts on dating and relationships. Please give me call.

Best,

Donald
donald.producer@yahoo.com
818-972-8205 office

Janelle
talkshow10@yahoo.com
818-977-0435 office

dare713llflagg0 said...

哇~酷哦~推你一把~正文(・(ェ)・)........................................

DeonKilgore220 said...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤...............................................................

B120ryantScipio1 said...

向小善致敬,它使人生旅程較為平順。.............................................

韋于倫成 said...

我對自己的信心已超越別人對我的評價..............................

怡君 said...

祝福你人氣不減ˊˇˋ.........................

Jimag87 said...

Let’s face it. Who wants to be fat, especially women. It is a known fact that obesity in this country has become an epidemic. Why? If you look at TV, you will notice the media is constantly bombarding us with ads about food.
Why are advertising agencies flooding us with so many TV commercials about food, especially about McDonald’s or Burger King? The simple fact is they want you to get fat so you will go out and spend more money on diet pills. This way you can get skinny and then start all over by going back to the fast food joints to get fat again. It is a catch-22 scenario. It is a vicious cycle.

Understand one fact. The heath condition of the majority of people in developed nations has deteriorated to such an extent that it has literally become a crisis. According to experts, about 70% of the adult population living in the U.S is overweight. This means if you are thin and healthy you make up the minority.

This is a sad fact and something that needs to change. To think that the normal way to live is to be out of shape, overweight, and have all kinds of diseases? It is insanity. To think that nine out of ten people are obese is a bad stat. And this is what this country is leading to.

Why is this country leaning toward getting fat? It is because most of us live sedentary lives. Kids are not spending their time running around and playing games outside. Instead, they jump on their video games or spend time surfing the Internet and chatting with friends or others.
Besides the above, people are getting fatter because of the way they eat. They try to grab something quick and end up eating something they should not. Everything that is bought from the store is processed. It is refined. Most foods are packed with chemicals to preserve them for shelf life. We live in a fast-paced world. For this reason people claim they don’t have time to cook or are too tired to. So they grab quick junk foods from corner stores, fast food joints, and restaurants.

The plain and simple fact is that people have become lazy. In order to get out of that, you need to push yourself to maintain your control. You have to act responsibly.

The solution to being overweight is simple. Make smarter food choices, prepare your own meals, and get out and exercise. If you do this, you won’t have to worry about being fat.
_______________________________________________

If what is contained in this article scares you, then you need to pick up a copy of my e-book Fast Track To Fat Loss.

Once you do this, you will learn the right way to eat and will lose that weight and keep it off as well. Just go to http://super-fast-fat-loss.com to learn more.

rlkris said...

才華在逆境中展現,在順境中被掩藏。 ....................................................

郁雯 said...

nice job! waiting for your new artical. .................................................................

劉彥皓 said...

期待你每一篇文章......................................................................

王瑞 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。......................................................................

asdas said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

佳宣佳宣 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

李李淑博淑林嘉宏真 said...

安一估~你也安一估哦~............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

One swallow does not make a summer.............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

這樣的情感,真是值得人羨慕............................................................

亞賴童h吳賴慧迪童能方童典 said...

世間唯一永恆的,就是改變..................................................

佳穎DennyR_Guao0506 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。..................................................

宥妃宥妃 said...

人類的聰明,並非以經驗為依歸,而是以接受經驗的行程為依歸。..................................................

承蘋承蘋 said...

當我微笑時,世界和我一起微笑;當我快樂時,世界和我一起活躍。..................................................

佳瑩佳瑩 said...

看得見您的用心~~希望這裡愈來愈熱鬧哦~~............................................................

詩張婷詩張婷 said...

Joy shared with others are more enjoyed.............................................................

劉林育雅嘉韋 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

家唐銘 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

文王廷 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................

晨晨 said...

Every why has a wherefore.............................................................

偉曹琬 said...

凡走過必留下痕跡!不留言對不起你!............................................................

國林林林林維 said...

要用心經營哦~~祝福你~~
...............................................................

1615 said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

凡事三思而行,跑得太快是會滑倒的。..................................................

陳嘉容 said...

Subtlety is better than force. ......................................................................

王辛江淑萍康 said...

男女互悅,未必廝守終生,相愛就是美的。.................................................................

purity lover said...

Heard about a powerful tea that can boost your metabolism allowing you to burn more calories even when you're
just relaxing? Learn More. www.purity12.com - 131

kizzy said...

Looks like you have a great fun...Great!

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzania ~chaco sandals

Anna said...

Hi I was looking up sites for weight loss support blogs and I came across your blog I too am hoping to make 2011 a better year.

I'm on day 2 of making changes with my diet/lifestyle etc so I too know what a struggle it is..every year I make the same resolution and by the 10th ive failed so i just give up.

I hope we can keep in touch good luck with your changes!

Bhupi said...

Very good article indeed, thanks and keep up the good work :)

Kind regards
www.phen375fatburnerpills.com

weight said...

Excellent post, thanks!

losing weight fast

DogsTube said...

Thanks for all the valuable tips in this post, specially liked the text about reduce calorie intake. keep up yhe good work you are helping many people!
www.how-to-lose-weight-fast-with-fatloss4idiots-reality.com

ahsan said...

Excess skin after weight loss is a problem for some formerly-obese people. A reader wants to know: Do people who lose a lot of weight always
http://fi8ness.blogspot.com/2010/04/avoid-saggy-skin-after-weight-loss.html

John said...

Dear Friend,

If your goal is to lose fat as fast as humanly possible, it should be no surprise that you absolutely MUST learn to maximize the amount of time your body is actually burning fat. After all, if your body is actively burning fat for 10 hours each day, you'd get much faster results than if it were only burning fat for five.

But what if you could literally burn fat twenty four hours a day…every day?

Do you realize how much faster you'd progress? How much more quickly the fat would melt away? How much more rapidly you'd have the body you want?
WEIGHT LOSS

NSC Marketing said...

It was good that you had fun. Every reunions brings back the memories. old times :)

Lion's bust said...

a good fitness program and a good weight loss diet plan it's all you need on my opinion. gl everybodey!