Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time to live is now...

I'm getting excited and anxious about my reunion, only a couple more days. Damn, I wish I was thinner but, oh well I still look good. The funny thing about the reunion is that it seems everyone that is going has started looking up our old classmates and we are connecting via the Internet. Last night, I found J. I had a crush on him in high school. He was a couple of years older than me. I emailed him and asked if he remembered me. He did so we started emailing back and forth. Today, we spent nearly 3 hours on the phone. J was the first boy I "experimented with" and apparently after our conversation today I was his first to experiment with him. LOL No wonder he remembers me. We don't remember why we stopped talking but I do know that I wasn't his type in school, I mean after all I was overweight then too. We talked about his family. His older brother was killed 7 years ago in a robbery. His brother was working on a man's roof and 3 black men came and robbed the guy. J2 (the brother) hit him one of them on the head and they turned around and shot him. J2 was a great guy, it's very sad. Then he told me that one of our friends that we used to hang out with died last year of leukemia.

As anxious I am for the reunion, I don't want to hear any more bad stories about the ones that didn't show up because something bad happened to them. I know it's a fact of life and the process of getting older, but it sucks.

So here's living for today! You never know when tomorrow may not be here. As a side note, J and I will be getting together after the reunion for a drink or two. You never know, maybe we can rekindle something that happened 20+ years ago.

12 comments:

shefit said...

FUN! Good luck at the reunion. Look forward to hearing how it goes!

Not Just Another Fat Girl said...

I did NS a few years ago and had a similar experience - some of the food is really good, some is REALLY bad, but if you stick to it the weight comes off! Of course, all of mine came back and brought friends :)

Have a great time at your reunion and good luck with J!

Christina said...

Have fun at your reunion! I am so jealous, as last year was my reunion and our class didn't have one. Kind of a bummer really.

Can't wait to hear how things turn out for you!

Jennifer said...

I hope you have so much fun at your reunion. I didn't dare go to mine this past year.

Amy Green said...

I missed my 15 year reunion - I can't believe it's been that long. I think it's great that you're going. Yes, the time to live is now. I've spent so much of my life waiting for everything to be perfect - then I could live. It's not so...I have finally realized that I only have right now. And the truth is that right now is good.

Big Girl said...

Have fun!

Half-Assed Heather said...

Good for you! I skipped my 10 year high school reunion last year because I weighed 40 pounds more than I had in high school. It would be nice to make it to my next one!

I also have a weight loss blog that you might like to check out: http://halfassedheather.blogspot.com/

Scale Junkie said...

So how did it go? What did you wear?

I've never been to a reunion, no desire to go at all. Am I weird?

So....more about this guy???

saranya said...

That is amazing news! Thanks so much!

Weight loss

Thomas S. Moore said...

How did your reunion end up turning out for you?

Waist Hips and Thighs

Mark Wyler said...

So glad to see that you're taking control and doing something about it. rememeber to relax and breathe. And if you ever need to not feel alone- take a look at ABC's Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition Monday nights at 10. I feel that that show gets it right. Real people dealing with real problems. And losing the weight.

Hope you're well.

steve arnold said...

Good for you! I skipped my 10 year high school reunion last year because I weighed 40 pounds more than I had in high school. It would be nice to make it to my next one!

Calorie Counter Iphone